February Geocoin Club

Rusty O Junk

The coin has its very own secret...... think about it!

I give up, what's the secret? Does it have something to do with the light cover things not being the same on the Jeep? Is that even intentional? It looks like a mistake to me. Or maybe it's something to do with all the dead space on the back? :blink: And why is there a vulture on the grave? I've never seen a vulture like that. A raven or crow maybe, but a vulture? :unsure:

Edited by Vargseld? ™
I think I'll be getting a couple of those, someone wanna tell me for sure?

I paid in Dec. So I should get that "New Subscriber Coin" in a few days, then I get the Jeep one in February? Is that how it works?

Normally I think you'd get the new subscriber coin the following month.

but theres also something about change the new subscriber coin in the latest announcement.

the front license plate is a cache designation i think it represents a locationless cache..or maybe virtual, where you would have to write in and describe the jeep and color to log. at first i thought maybe it was a travel bug but caches start with those letters. i didn't read the whole thread so maybe this has already been said. :unsure:

Edited by qattales
I like the design for the jeep side, but the design for the back doesn't seem up to their usual standard (good concept, poor execution)

I have high hopes that the actual coin will look much better than the prelim art. They are batting 1000% so far.

--Marky

New technology is awesome and remember folks where you saw it first.  Scroll down the page to the first Announcement.

This is cool stuff but I think Jeremy standing by the headstone with a smoking shotgun would have been better.

Rusty, I think you were just warming the pot for us........... Any more that you might know off............? :blink:

Yup, but it'll be another month yet.

I think I'll be getting a couple of those, someone wanna tell me for sure?

I paid in Dec. So I should get that "New Subscriber Coin" in a few days, then I get the Jeep one in February? Is that how it works?

If you paid before the end of December, your first coin will be in January and will be the Green Selectivity coin. Your first actual subscription coin will be the posted February coin. Congrats.

The Special Feature

This coin has a special feature, not evident when you look at it in normal light.

But when you place this coin under a blacklight - you'll see the ghosts of caching past appear around the gravesite.

ghosts-735832.jpg

Now I have a use for that 14 LED UV flashlight that Fizzy gave me this past weekend. Thanks Fizzy!

By the way, if you have a nice strong UV flashlight, you owe it to yourselves to shine it on all of the coins in your collection. It's amazing to see which colors have UV components and which ones don't. There is one that has a kind of deep red color in normal light that glows pink under UV.

--Marky

Ok, so being a n00b, I don't understand the significance of all the hidden icons on the coin... anyone care to provide details of their meaning? I'm guessing they're all representing previous things that were once part of / allowed on the geocaching.com site that aren't any more, hence "ghosts", but what exactly?

If you subscribe now do you get the jeep?

NO!

Subscribe January - Subsciber Coin February - First Month Coin March

Yes you will get the Jeep coin. This is from their web page.

Also new for February we are end of lifing the Green Selective Availability coin as the New Subscriber coin. We will have a brand new design available in March and for this month only all new subscribers will receive the regular issue coin instead of the typical Green SA coin. The remaining Green SA coins will be sold in February in the MOS with some surplus

Edited by GeoCrickets