Blazer 12

pikeymic

I'm not familiar with that model but a quick glance on Google shows it to be a "basic" model. As for your question: Darn near ANY GPSr will be fine for geocaching. Sure you can get more bells and whistles but, as long as the thing lets you input coordinates and has a directional arrow to show you where to go you will be able to geocache with it.

If you already have the unit then get out and try finding caches. Many people use basic models of GPSr for caching. The yellow eTrex or the Gecko for example. The main thing to remember is that no GPSr will get you right on top of the cache (or very rarely anyway) so when you get fairly close use "the force" to find the thing. After a few caches you will develop the visual scanning skills necessary to spot most caches.

Now get out there and cache!

I'm not familiar with that model but a quick glance on Google shows it to be a "basic" model. As for your question: Darn near ANY GPSr will be fine for geocaching. Sure you can get more bells and whistles but, as long as the thing lets you input coordinates and has a directional arrow to show you where to go you will be able to geocache with it.

Myself, I got one with a few more 'bells and whistles' because the ability to navigate while we travel is what sold my Lady on the unit - caching is (theoretically) a sideline.

I actually have one of these from a friend who got it at a gas station for a reward for using his card..HEHE anyway, It is good enough to go caching with, but the decimal place only rounds to like 3 digits if I remember correct, so it wont be exactly on, you will have to search around...Its a good basic unit though....Hope that helps!!

Delay