Trouble With The Gc.com Site?

n7viv and DB

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm unable to get the travel bugs to move from my possession into the cache. I've tried the "Found It" log option, and then mark the appropriate TB's to drop. Then I tried the "Write a note" log option also. Even went and tried different computers. Tried on 05-Jan-2006 and 06-Jan-2006. Get the same error message over and over. And what's really frustrating is the "text" portion of the log goes through and is posted on the caches. Just won't move the TB's into the cache. Any ideas??? Here's a screen capture of the error message. Remember I've tried multiple computers.06-Jan-06_TB_drop_problem.jpg

I can't reproduce it on that cache.

What travel bug are you trying to drop in there?

I saw you drop your TB several times in the cache.

Here are the TB's I was trying to drop in the cache: TBJWPE, and TBKFEZ.

Also here are two more screen captures to look at. Notice that they are coming back from Groundspeak. One of these I was using IE 6.0, the other Mozilla Firefox 1.5

I also have Opera 8.5, they all produce the same error messages. Also I have five computers on a network with various OS, from 2000 NT, 98, ME, XP. All get the same error message return.

06-Jan-06_TB_2_drop_problem.jpg

06-Jan-06_TB_3_drop_problem.jpg

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by n7viv and DB
Don't keep testing browsers. It isn't a browser issue. For some reason your travel bugs are having issues when being dropped into the cache and this would be a server issue. We'll look into it. Thanks for the additional info!

Okay I'll sit tight. One more small piece of data. This is happening no matter what TB or which cache. Seems to be across the board so to speak.

Edited by n7viv and DB

Thanks Jeremy,

I was having the same problem as others, however my error meesage had to do with a Date field was trying to enter a NULL value.

Even when I went in and made sure the cache log date was chosen (not just the default) I received the same message. Looked like it just wasn't accepting that date for the TB Drop.

I just tried dropping Tb's and it is functioning again.

Thanks

Edited by MaxB on the River

This happened to me last week when I tried to pick up a bug at an event. When I went back a week later it had posted 3 "you have grabbed this TB" notes. One from the original event & 2 just "Grabbed TB" so evidently the posting went through even though the error message popped up but the TB DID NOT appear in my inventory. I had to have the next finder just "Grab from somewhere else"

I recvd a similar error when I tried to change the coords on my traveling cache. Admin emailed me back and said my description was too long. I never edited my description. Oh well.

My current problem is that I receive NO EMAIL MESSAGES when topics I subscribe to get replies. I wondered why the site was so quiet lately! And "Enable email notification of replies?" is checked off and my email address is correct.

My current problem is that I receive NO EMAIL MESSAGES when topics I subscribe to get replies. I wondered why the site was so quiet lately! And "Enable email notification of replies?" is checked off and my email address is correct.

It's bad form to try and derail a thread. Don't you already have a thread about this?

Don't respond about it here. It was a rhetorical question.