Leaving Micros As Swag

So I've found a few really good waterproof micro containers. I'm not going to go saturating my area with micros just because. But I do enjoy a good micro from time to time, and I am going to use some in my upcoming 5/5 multi.

That being said, I have printed up a few cache sheets with the 132 logs and stuffed them in these micro containers along with a note that if you take the micro, you should place it sometime reasonably soon. The note also says not to go wasting a good spot where you could put a traditional standard cache. Anyways, I'm thinking of using a few (say 5-6) as SWAG and FTFs. I would enjoy finding one... what do y'all think?

Am I just encouraging MICROism? There have not been too many new hides in my area in the past several months... only a handful, and thankfully, we are not saturated with micros. I wouldn't mind a half a dozen new micros to pop up, and it's not as if I'm putting a gun to anybody's head to take it. I assume if somebody takes it they will place it...

;)

I leave ready to place caches - typically matchsafes w/log in a nylon camo cloth bag that I make, occasionally decons with log, mini pen and some goodies. Nothing about placing them though. If folks want to use the camo bag for holding misc items and the matchsafe for matches, that's fine with me. I really do like to see the decons come back as hides - it's been about 50% on that.

Great idea. I think this is known as a breeder cache.

It sounds like the OP is just using the containers as trading swag in other caches (s)he is finding. I think that's a fine idea; if someone doesn't want it there are other choices in the container. As long as you are trading fairly, and the value of being able to find another new hidden cache is pretty large IMO. ;)

A breeder/seed cache is one that is filled only with containers for new caches, and you need to hide another before you can claim a find on the breeder/seed cache. If it is a requirement-it's a bad idea; no one should ever feel forced to do something they do not really want to. As a suggestion it's pretty cool in my book.

As some may know, I prefer micros and therefore, feel that your idea, though not unique, is wonderful.

Because the variety of containers is so broad, the secreting of hides is almost unlimited and the challenge of the hunt is increased, micros make it all worthwhile.

SO, micros are the best SWAG for me :D . . . but not for the little cachers among us (kids & grands), so I like to see something in there for them, if it fits.

Edited by GRANPA ALEX

I think it's a great idea! Hopefully you will have better luck in your neck of the woods than we did here. We put regular size caches (stocked and ready to be hidden) in a couple of our caches as swag or FTF prize. Both have been out for quite a while, many visitors, no takers.

I will go no further as I do not wish to get your thread locked as mine on a similar subject was. :D

Scouting, I got a little bored tonight and placed a devilish 3/3 micro in a small morgantown park. It's called "You've Got to Be Kidding Me" and has no redeeming features whatsoever, except for the anger it will invoke.

It's not approved yet.

:D

Tomorrow, I'm going to Preston Co to work on my 5/5 I've dubbed "The Beast on Briery Mountain".

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've debated doing this and decided it was a bad idea. Frankly, I think the hard part is finding a place to put a cache, and going out to get a suitable container is the easy part. If you provide people with instant-micros, they're more likely to be put in a mediocre spot. I didn't want to encourage more micros in an area that already has more than enough. Personally, when I take the CITO film cans filled with trash bags, I just restock the trash bag and hope another park gets cleaned up. :D

But that's just my two cents - take it for what it's worth.

Scouting, I got a little bored tonight and placed a devilish 3/3 micro in a small morgantown park.  It's called "You've Got to Be Kidding Me" and has no redeeming features whatsoever, except for the anger it will invoke.

It's not approved yet.

^_^

Tomorrow, I'm going to Preston Co to work on my 5/5 I've dubbed "The Beast on Briery Mountain".

So that's what you do when you're bored, huh? I love it! er .. um .. I mean .. I HATE it! uh, well ... I'll let you know after it's posted. :D

I know a little bit about Briery - and from what I know you've made a very good choice. Hope that setup goes well - looking forward to trying it.

We should be stopping by Hazel's place to check on the witch tomorrow. Hoping it's one of several on the way to Cabela's.

I've given out a few Micros as prizes in my Gamecards game, and the people seemed to like the idea. It also gives you one to add to your watchlist, and feel as if it's sort of your own. I would however reccomend including at least a few tiny trade items inside the ready to hide micro. Micros can be just as fun if they're in a good location, or if they have good trade items in them (beyond the coins and marbles).

It's a fine idea, it could even become a signature item. Make the game your own.