Entire Geocoin Collection For Sale!

Kilted Cacher

Yes, you heard it right, my entire collection is up for sale. I did not come to this decision lightly, but due to some circumstances beyond my control, I have decided that I should sell my entire collection of coins. If anyone is interested, they can send an offer thru the profile here on gc.com . Serious offers only, and NO I will not sell coins individually at this time. It's either all or nothing. You can see my list of coins here:

My Coin List

This is a collection of well over 200 unique geocoins along with several doubles.

You won't get 'top dollar' for your collection unless you make the current offer available to be outbid.

--Marky

If you need the money your best bet would be that "e" place I would think. Sorry to hear you must give up your collection and I hope that your and your family are ok.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
Yes, you heard it right, my entire collection is up for sale. I did not come to this decision lightly, but due to some circumstances beyond my control, I have decided that I should sell my entire collection of coins. If anyone is interested, they can send an offer thru the profile here on gc.com . Serious offers only, and NO I will not sell coins individually at this time.

Sorry to hear about your personal problems. But what`s about the Holiday coin serie?

I would sell individual on ebay. You would make much more money then on here for all of them together or seperate. I'm sure noone would say anything to you about selling on ebay, since we all know how the economy has been, its been hard on many of us and noone would blame you.

Some people would -- but to &*&( with them! They are your coins and if you need to sell them then go ahead!

Selling them via an auction will maximize your returns, but will also take more time and be a little frustrating (mailing etc).

Either way -- good luck and I hope they all sell well. (I'd offer to buy them for the dozen or so coins I would like, but we have too many of the same ones)

Some questions that have been asked so far are:

1) Will the current Holiday Coin Series be affected?

No, this will not affect the current series, but once the four coins are done, then that will be it.

2) Why not sell them on that "e" site individually?

Well, I did not want to flood the market with over 200 coins, which would more than likely bring a lower price for the coins. I could put the coins on a little at a time, but if I had time, then I could find another way to raise money. Not to mention the shipping and handling of each separate coin would be a nightmare.

3) Why don't I put the entire collection on that 'e' site?

Haven't completely ruled that out. If interest is high then I may need to post it there. That way the buyer has some sort of guarantee and buyer rights.

kilted, you could put the entire collection on ebay and start with a minimum reserve price and see where it goes. i think you could also shorten the length of the auction time due to constraints you might have. one seller one ship and all recorded.

i am very sad you need to do this..i hope all is okay.

Edited by qattales

I sent a WAG on a collection price before looking at your list. You do have some big ticket coins (I don't get why some of them are big ticket but eBay doesn't lie) in it, and that would raise the bar on my original WAG.

Since my WAG wasn't an offer take it for what it's worth. If you do put it on eBay I'll watch the collection and see what happens. If you get an offer that sounds good I'd be interested in what you accepted just for the knowledge of it.

2) Why not sell them on that "e" site individually?

Well, I did not want to flood the market with over 200 coins, which would more than likely bring a lower price for the coins. I could put the coins on a little at a time, but if I had time, then I could find another way to raise money. Not to mention the shipping and handling of each separate coin would be a nightmare.

Considering many of your "E" buyers would be buying/bidding on several of the coins you have listed, I still stress this is the best way to go. You will get about 1/2 for the collection as a whole compared to what you would most likely get for selling the coins individually.

Also, it would be good to note which coins are already activated.

That looks like what I will do. I will post them soon on ebay with a starting price just a little lower than the best offered price I received thru email.

My family and I are going thru a difficult situation right now and without getting into details, I have decided to sell the coins. As anyone who collects geocoins or anything else knows, its a very painful decision to have to part with something you collect and enjoy. I want to thank everyone for their kind words and hopefully everything works out and I can once again continue to be a part of this community.

There is about 6 coins in your list I would like to get. No way I could swing bidding and buying all your coins. Or if I somehow did it, most of them would have to co to ebay to pay for what the bid would cost.

If the coins sold individually are worth much more than the whole package, I am afraid you will get less value. Last thing I would want is someone buys your collection and goes to Ebay and makes twice what he paid.

Is there a way to split up the collection into smaller (read less costly) pieces that more people could get. And they would be more likely to keep all or most of the coins.

I'm sorry to see you have to take this action. You were one of the first people I ever traded with and to this day I still think the Kilted Cacher trackable personal coin is one of the best coins out there.

That looks like what I will do. I will post them soon on ebay with a starting price just a little lower than the best offered price I received thru email.

My family and I are going thru a difficult situation right now and without getting into details, I have decided to sell the coins. As anyone who collects geocoins or anything else knows, its a very painful decision to have to part with something you collect and enjoy. I want to thank everyone for their kind words and hopefully everything works out and I can once again continue to be a part of this community.

I hope everything works out for you and your family. Best wishes to you!

To even get more out of your collection, and save some stress and hassle of shipping each coin, you could list the big ticket, rare coins individually and then sell the rest of the more common, less valuable coins in lots of 10 or 20. Group them by theme (holiday, personal, states, orginizations, etc.) That way you can hopefully get the best of both worlds.

Good Luck to you and your family. I hope everything works out for you.

If it were me I would likely be tempted to either break it into several lots or at least put a few of the high ticket items up separately. If you do sell them as a lump total be sure to put a decent reserve price on them.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Best of luck to you and yours.

There are several that I would love to have in my small but growing collection but I like many others couldn't swing the whole thing. If you start putting them up for auction let us know. I will bid on several I'm sure and if you give me your ebay name I will add you to my favorite sellers list so I could be notified that way too.

Best to you and yours.

Kilted,

I don't know what your challenge is, but family first. I'll forward you another Caching Through The Snow Too Silver, if it can add a little more support or serve as a good luck charm, it makes all this geocoin sillyness worthwhile. Another Scotsman has you in mind.

TRL

Kilted,

I don't know what your challenge is, but family first. I'll forward you another Caching Through The Snow Too Silver, if it can add a little more support or serve as a good luck charm, it makes all this geocoin sillyness worthwhile. Another Scotsman has you in mind.

TRL

This post from me, not my son. Didn't realize I was in his account. Get well!

Have you looked into using ACS on post? Hope all is well.

I also would like to donate so you can keep your collection. It sounds like you have enough turmoil in your life right now and should not have to part with these coins that as a group and individually mean a lot. Hopefully, a paypal addy can be arranged for people to donate.

Good luck! I hope 2006 is a brighter time for you.

Beanichick

Hope the family is ok and that is not the difficult situation you are dealing with! if its a money thing I am with the idea that Fundamental and Venlis had for setting up somewhere to make donations to help out so you could keep your coins is great and would probaly go over great in our great little commuity!! Again hope all works out well for you and your family !!!

Kilted I truly hope everything is going ok for you. It sounds as if perhaps something is working out (based on your previous post). If not, I would like to request that you give me the option of "buying" my GeoNap coin back from you in the form of a donation or whatever. By no means am I "demanding" this... I am simply making the request that you give me the first chance to buy the coin back (if you do sell it).

It is my hope you won't need to sell any of your collection. I too would be willing to help if I can. Keep us up to date.

Best of luck (or skill, or ingenuity or whatever it takes) to get you through your difficulties.

The "personal satisfaction" value of a collection is way higher than any monetary value. As with most life issues, 2, 3, or more years down the road after everything is long past, visualize how you'd feel about the loss of your collection. Sometimes far in the future, even a well-planned and thought through idea can end up being one of those "Why did I do that?" things that one might never get over.

It seems you've posted your thoughts here about selling your coins, rather than just putting them on eBay, to give yourself a chance to contemplate your possible action.

Put yourself years in the future and imagine if you'd feel there was any "rashness" at all in your possible actions before you commit. There is always the possibility that you could put the collection in "escrow" somehow - perhaps as a loan guarantee - so you could obtain them again later. Perhaps an attorney would know more about this kind of thing, or perhaps this is unrelated to your reasons.

In the big picture, take your time to make the decision that's best for you, and never look back regardless what you choose.

Not trying to butt in, just some thoughts that might help you as you think through your situation.

--Marc

January 7, 2006 @ 12:16 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Kilted I truly hope everything is going ok for you.  It sounds as if perhaps something is working out (based on your previous post).  If not, I would like to request that you give me the option of "buying" my GeoNap coin back from you in the form of a donation or whatever.  By no means am I "demanding" this... I am simply making the request that you give me the first chance to buy the coin back (if you do sell it).

It is my hope you won't need to sell any of your collection.  I too would be willing to help if I can.  Keep us up to date.

Ditto...my intentions are the same...

Edit..spelling error....sorry

Edited by Go JayBee

I wanted to thank everyone for all the kind words, prayers, and offers of support. At this time it looks like I will NOT have to sell my collection. I think I have worked something out to keep me from having to do that. Just so everyone knows, the coin collection wasn't the first thing on my list of items to get of to help me out in this time of need. It wasn't a decision I just made in a hurry as a quick fix to a situation. I take my collection very seriously, and enjoy the hobby. As a result of resent troubles, I will be curtailing my coin spending for a time. I will not completely back out of collecting, but will not be able to purchase every new coin as they come out, and I will continue to trade as I have several more personal coins left to trade. As far as the current series of Holiday Coins, there is nothing to worry about. Money has been set aside for the shipping of these coins and will not be touched. That is set in stone. The next coin in the series won't be due until around March and will continue on. And just for everyone's peace of mind, our recent troubles were of a medical nature, and all is fine.