Free Coin Ideas! Steal Ideas Here!

Lemon Fresh Dog

Feel free to run with this idea, cause it will work, I want 20 free coins though.

Wow! 20 free coins? At a rough average of $7/coin thats $140 worth of free coins for doing nothing.

coins don't cost $7 to mint silly! I bet they rarely cost half that. Still, it's $70 or so, which might be more than 10% of the profit on a reasonably priced geocoin. :ph34r:

Feel free to run with this idea, cause it will work, I want 20 free coins though.

Wow! 20 free coins? At a rough average of $7/coin thats $140 worth of free coins for doing nothing.

coins don't cost $7 to mint silly! I bet they rarely cost half that. Still, it's $70 or so, which might be more than 10% of the profit on a reasonably priced geocoin. :ph34r:

That is part of the problem with geocoins these days... everyone is in it for the profit, that is why coins are being sold for $7 on up when they generally cost less than $4 to make, especially when you start making 500 or more of them.

What is wrong with 10% to the one who gave you the concept? or 25% for the coin designer? Seems pretty reasonable to me, especially since it is pretty much guaranteed that 500 would sell out immediately these days.

There needs to be one in the shape of a GPS, where would we be without them?

Whoever's 1st get's to pick the GPS.

My vote is the Garmin 60CS

Hey guys, :ph34r: The Garmin 60Cs GPS idea was mine, I had already posted that idea on Jan 01 in LFD's Elvis goes Geocaching......I'll have to call the Police for someone stealing my ideas........... :)B);)

If you know someone that will make a trackable coin with icon for $4.00 per coin, please let me know.

I can tell you unless the coin has no color and is on the cheapest metal possible, there is no way to get a trackable coin that low unless you are a coin vendor OR you produce so many 1000s that you get a major price break.

If you know someone that will make a trackable coin with icon for $4.00 per coin, please let me know.

At Coins And Pins, you can get 1000 1.5" coins 3D both sides using the free finishes and up to 4 soft enamel colors tracked, iconed and delivered for 4.05. 2D dies would be 3.93, one of each would be 3.99.

I didn't see where it was assumed that these would all be trackable coins. But as was posted, you can get 1000 for just about $4 trackable.

Even if you figure $5 cost, that is then $2 per coin profit for the seller of a $7 coin... 1000 coins then makes the seller $2,000!!! 500 still gives them $1000!!

And No, I don't think that the seller should get reimbursed for their design time, or for the software purchase to design (yes, that was a comment made before in the pricing of a coin)

hmmm... maybe I'll just have to go ahead and have some these ideas made...

A few month back somebody mentioned a coin they saw that changes color at different angles

Northern Lights? changing color?

something like this might look cool in a clear epoxy coating

moose.jpg

Go ahead and steal this idea if you like it.

Remember I swiped the concept from somebodyelse :blink:

Edited by RustyBeerCan
A few month back somebody mentioned a coin they saw that changes color at different angles

something like this might look cool in a clear enamel

moose.jpg

Remember I swiped the concept from somebodyelse :blink:

Don't let DanceswithMoose see that one... she'll simply have to have it! lol!

something like this might look cool in a clear enamel

moose.jpg

Remember I swiped the concept from somebodyelse  :blink:

Don't let DanceswithMoose see that one... she'll simply have to have it! lol!

I'll take 20 in each metal! Gotta have it... Gotta have the moose....

I was the one that brought up the changing images thread. (Lenticular Lens Coins)

This would definately be one that would be PERFECT for that particular production method!!

Count me in on a few if anyone makes them!!

I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights in full effect!!

Since I live in Georgia, it is a very rare occurance to be able to see them. Even then it's nothing more than an orange or reddish glow in the north sky. :ph34r:B)

The one time in my 40 years that I saw it, I really didn't realize what it was until I started looking at images on the net after the fact. They were predicted to be able to be seen this far south, so I stayed up all night long freezing my kiester off thinking that I would be seeing something similar to what is on the coin idea there.

Disappointed doesn't even start to describe how I felt. <_<

But I did get to see the GREAT Leonid Meteor Shower of 2002!!

A once in a lifetime event!! AWESOME!!

D-man B)

Since I live in Georgia, it is a very rare occurance to be able to see them. Even then it's nothing more than an orange or reddish glow in the north sky. :(:huh:

Canada has a nice hologram on their 2004 dollar of the northern lights. Maybe we need holographic coins now? :(

But I've seen the northern lights from northern Alberta and there is nothing they could put on a coin to make it even close.

Since I live in Georgia, it is a very rare occurance to be able to see them. Even then it's nothing more than an orange or reddish glow in the north sky. :(  :huh:

Canada has a nice hologram on their 2004 dollar of the northern lights. Maybe we need holographic coins now? :(

But I've seen the northern lights from northern Alberta and there is nothing they could put on a coin to make it even close.

I have also seen the Northern Lights in rosy red tones up in Ungava Bay, in the Northern tip of Quebec. It was simply awesome. :(

Since I live in Georgia, it is a very rare occurance to be able to see them. Even then it's nothing more than an orange or reddish glow in the north sky. :(  :huh:

I have also seen the Northern Lights in rosy red tones up in Ungava Bay, in the Northern tip of Quebec. It was simply awesome. :(

I saw the northern lights once here in Rochester, NY on my way back to the car after being FTF on new cache. Not much color, but the lights were dancing across the sky. I also saw a really beautiful display of the northern lights in Gimli Manitoba many years ago which was full of lights and color. It's truly an amazing sight to see.

Not sure if you were addressing the silver coin pic I posted or not, but if so, this is a natural occuring chemical change on the metal. Silver oxidizes and can produce this rainbow effect. It's common among older silver coins that are not stored in the best conditions. In some cases it can add to the value of a coin. In extreme cases, the coin turns black, destroying its value.

There is also another type of metal folding that I can not remember the name of but using black nickle and silver,folded together numrous times.

The Sumarai(sp)Sword is an example of the temporing type quenching,hammering,dipping,quenching,folding....

The coin appears to be either heat or chemical treated.

The process you are describing is called a demascus (sp) blade, I own a folding knife that type of blade and it is truly beautiful!! very expensive to make but beautiful none the less.

Edited by Dreamin'Eagle

I think I thought of a good coin idea today. You'd probably have to get permission but since its for a coin I dont see why they wouldnt give approval.

Life is Good (trademark) with the life is good guy holding a cache or a GPS.

I was actually at thier web site today looking for a shirt but they didnt have any gps ones. Wonder if they ever did?

How 'bout a "My Cable Company's Service Reps Are Putz's" Coin!! :D

They did some work on our wiring system at the apartments yesterday and hooked my connection to my neighbor's and his to mine.

All the neighbor had was basic cable, so we didn't have any of our extra digital channels that we normally have, OR INTERNET!!

Took them 5 hours to come back out and fix it so I could get back online.

I had art files from 3 customers waiting in my email and I couldn't even access them to be able to work until they fixed it.

Thankfully American Idol was on FOX and it's on the basic tier of channels!! If not we would have REALLY been P.O.!! :D:D

If I wasn't haveing panic attacks over not being able to access my job files from the emails, it would have probably been a relaxing evening just sitting on the couch. ;)

Trust me, I followed them step for step when they were back out here. If it ever was to happen again, I now know where to access the junction box and fix it myself! ;)

D-man :D

EDIT: Ooops! Maybe this shoulda been in the whining thread!! :D

Edited by gridlox

Well it seems when I am up late at night feeding the baby, coin ideas pop into my head. So here are some free for the taking. Course if ya make them, feel free to drop one into the mail for the baby's collection <_<

Night Caching Series: A flashlight, a headlamp and an old type camping lantern...All with some glow in the dark effects of course!

A spinning coin: Day caching on one side, night caching on the other.

The multiple tracker: A coin that seperates into 2 or 3 coins, a circle within a circle within a circle. All with the same tracking number.

I know I had more but it's daytime and obviously I forget them by this time of day. Will be back with more later.