Free Coin Ideas! Steal Ideas Here!

Lemon Fresh Dog

Well.... I stated a "joke" coin thread -- and it's funny. The problem is -- some folks are actually coming up with some coin ideas that would be good real coins!

Do you have an idea for a coin, but don't have the time or interest in creating it -- want to give others the idea to create it?

You could call this the "Steal my idea" thread.

Here's some coins I'd like to see:

The Geocoin Forum Coin

One side is a computer with the screen showing a coin image.

The otherside is a cacher at an ammo box holding a coin.

Text on the edges: "Coins in Caches!" "Geocoin Forum Addict"

Well.... I stated a "joke" coin thread -- and it's funny. The problem is -- some folks are actually coming up with some coin ideas that would be good real coins!

Do you have an idea for a coin, but don't have the time or interest in creating it -- want to give others the idea to create it?

The Geocoin Forum Coin

OOHH,OOHH,OOHH I like this idea!!

Oh I'm so in on this thread! :(

Got several ideas that I think would be good coins, but just don't have the $$ to even think about doing them, so I never even tried to draw them up.

I got several deadlines to meet on a few art jobs in the works right now, but I will be submitting some of my ideas in the near future! :blink:

My idea...

a trackable coin that actually gets placed in caches :blink:

the catch... it is NOT a limited quantity coin, every time stock runs low, a reorder is made. It would not have a year on it, or ever get redesigned. It would also have information on where to buy your own on the coin itself. (that could lead to it not having value on that E* site so many love to hate) If anyone can get them at reasonable cost, there isn't much incentive to steal them either. (Seems like the USA coins travel fairly well)

I even have a design, name, tracking prefix and icon in mind for it...

I don't have the funding to do it right now. Talked to a couple of the online coin sales places and they weren't really interested, or wanted to charge too much to do it. Guess they didn't think they could make enough money from it. I would think it would be possible to do for about $5/coin plus shipping, just like the USA geocoins.

Anyone want to partner on it? :(

A Red Herring

A two part coin - a snap-on top that is a plastic lid (tupperware style), picture inside is a top-down view of a bunch of swag

Released With the Intent to Travel

Rectangular coin - License to cache. Engrave your geonick, home coordinates. Back would have Cache Donor info.

I'll post some others later.

Edited by ScoutingWV
My idea...

a trackable coin that actually gets placed in caches :blink:

the catch... it is NOT a limited quantity coin, every time stock runs low, a reorder is made. It would not have a year on it, or ever get redesigned. It would also have information on where to buy your own on the coin itself. (that could lead to it not having value on that E* site so many love to hate) If anyone can get them at reasonable cost, there isn't much incentive to steal them either. (Seems like the USA coins travel fairly well)

I even have a design, name, tracking prefix and icon in mind for it...

I don't have the funding to do it right now. Talked to a couple of the online coin sales places and they weren't really interested, or wanted to charge too much to do it. Guess they didn't think they could make enough money from it. I would think it would be possible to do for about $5/coin plus shipping, just like the USA geocoins.

Anyone want to partner on it? :(

One is already in the works! :(

--Marky

I want somebody to make a "Dead Clams" coin. "Geoclams" if you will in the shap of a clam or two, maybe even hidged. It needs to be trackable with its own icon.

And when you find a lousy cache, log it in to the cache and then you'll know by looking at the cache listings to avoid the piece of crap.

Feel free to run with this idea, cause it will work, I want 20 free coins though.

DPM

I want somebody to make a "Dead Clams" coin. "Geoclams" if you will in the shap of a clam or two, maybe even hidged. It needs to be trackable with its own icon.

And when you find a lousy cache, log it in to the cache and then you'll know by looking at the cache listings to avoid the piece of crap.

Feel free to run with this idea, cause it will work, I want 20 free coins though.

DPM

So I guess the thread is, Steal my idea, make the coins and send me 20 free ones :blink:.

Christian

Haha! No ... stealing is stealing! (ONE coin *might* be courteous, but 20?....)

Anyhow -- the unlimited idea is great -- I think Canada coins are pretty much doing this -- except they are off-site tracked. The red-handed coin sort of falls into this category, but I don't really want to maintain an inventory on a consistent basis.

I think there is a thread started now that is creating this coin. Nice and simple, trackable, and cheap.

OK I do not have the $$ to get my ideas minted please take this one to the

GEOCOIN BANK.

77869779_fa32b86fb6.jpg

Where do you find the clip art for these things?

I find something close then add to it.

Adding a gps to the picture would be easy too.

If I told all my secrets everyone would be doing it.

I am having fun playing with idea's so I throw them out here.

I am an artist somewhat and love playing with pixels.

If I had lots of $$$ I would mint them all.

But....................

I am a poor starving artist.

WILL WORK FOR COINS :blink:

There needs to be one in the shape of a GPS, where would we be without them?

Whoever's 1st get's to pick the GPS.

My vote is the Garmin 60CS

I think somebody should do a series of GPS coins. Different models and makes ya know, but limit them to what people use the most.

What about a Palm Pilot also.....hmmmmm.......

There needs to be one in the shape of a GPS, where would we be without them?

Whoever's 1st get's to pick the GPS.

My vote is the Garmin 60CS

You know, I had that idea a while ago when thinking of ideas for my own personal coin. Mentioned it to another coin collecting friend of mine, and he laughed at me, so I dropped the idea. Hmm, maybe I'll have to start thinking about it again.

Here's the artwork I came up with. The GC numbers on the back of the coin are from my first cache in New York and my first cache back home in Manitoba.

8a78c214-4f08-451c-a809-847c7d32e971.jpg

Edited by junglehair
You know, I had that idea a while ago when thinking of ideas for my own personal coin. Mentioned it to another coin collecting friend of mine, and he laughed at me, so I dropped the idea. Hmm, maybe I'll have to start thinking about it again.

Here's the artwork I came up with. The GC numbers on the back of the coin are from my first cache in New York and my first cache back home in Manitoba.

user posted image

Posted on Jan 5 2006, 02:06 PM RINOCOIN

user posted image

i think this is great idea. what if you added the track lines and arrow pointing at her.

I think we need a padded yellow envelope coin.

I think it was in the joke thread mentioned in the OP, but I know I saw a design for a Crappy Cache Award that was really funny!

I also had an idea similiar to the GPS designs mentioned above, (I think most of us probably have) and think those could turn out pretty nice.

How about a sextant coin for the night cachers to navigate by the stars?

I used to make my own business cards for a company I had several years ago. They were clear plastic with black lettering. I've been trying to think of a way to do a coin/token like that as well. Any ideas?

Edited by ScoutingWV
I want somebody to make a "Dead Clams" coin.  "Geoclams" if you will in the shap of a clam or two, maybe even hidged.  It needs to be trackable with its own icon.

DPM

So I guess the thread is, Steal my idea, make the coins and send me 20 free ones :rolleyes:.

Christian

well i personally think that if you make a coin from someones idea then they should at least get some free since if you make it your most likely getting some free.

I think we need a padded yellow envelope coin.

I think it was in the joke thread mentioned in the OP, but I know I saw a design for a Crappy Cache Award that was really funny!

bubblemailer.jpg

Here it is.

Thanks D@nim@l

It looks like you have the correct postage, too! Hmm ... anyone have ideas for the reverse? I had thought about maybe making the back of the look like the USPS delivery receipt ...

I want somebody to make a "Dead Clams" coin.  "Geoclams" if you will in the shap of a clam or two, maybe even hidged.  It needs to be trackable with its own icon.

DPM

So I guess the thread is, Steal my idea, make the coins and send me 20 free ones :D.

Christian

well i personally think that if you make a coin from someones idea then they should at least get some free since if you make it your most likely getting some free.

I have no problems with it and agree ^_^.

:P Oh Well?

The Generic Coin Thread got locked so I guess I'll just post my idea for it here. :D

Black Nickle Coin with white paint

GenericGeoCoin.jpg

:D

LOL

I think that's nielsenc's way of saying that we came up with several designs for this last night and yours is better than ours. ^_^

I am not good with art so would someone try to make a dedication coin for the first cache ever put out.

:D Great Minds!

That's one of the ones I had thought would be a good one.

If I get a chance in the next few days, I'll try to see what I can do.

I'm thinking a shaped coin in the shape of a 5-gallon bucket. :D

Right now, I'm working up a concept for a series set that has 13 stages... Uh... I mean coins!! :P:D

I definately think it will be a highly sought after coin set!! ^_^

Stay Tuned!!

D-man :D

Here's one for someone to run with - My only request is that you at least list it on my web site which will remain unmentioned!

How about a two piece coin - broken in half which each half numbered alike. They can be used to race, or each head for the same cache, or perhaps someone else can come up with a good use for a "broken" coin.

Of course, only the pieces with the same number will fit together, adding some complexity to the game.

Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 6, 2006 @ 9:23 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I am not good with art so would someone try to make a dedication coin for the first cache ever put out.

:D Great Minds!

I'm thinking a shaped coin in the shape of a 5-gallon bucket. ^_^

Right now, I'm working up a concept for a series set that has 13 stages... Uh... I mean coins!! :grin::P

I definately think it will be a highly sought after coin set!! :D

Stay Tuned!!

D-man :D

Sign me up for a whole set!! :D

;) Great Minds!

I'm thinking a shaped coin in the shape of a 5-gallon bucket. :unsure:

Right now, I'm working up a concept for a series set that has 13 stages... Uh... I mean coins!! :blink::P

I definately think it will be a highly sought after coin set!! ;)

Stay Tuned!!

D-man B)

You mean something like this?

GeoCoin.jpg

The Geocoin Forum Coin

:unsure:

Sign me up for a whole set!! ;)

Sure!!

SEND CASH NOW!! and dress warm while you wait by the mailbox!! :PB)

I've got the front basic design already (Which will be consistant with them all with the exception of the text around the outer ring) and am working on the designs for each one of the backs.

Just a concept now, but with one MAJOR flaw, the Geocaching tie-in. :unsure:

I know Geocaching is involved with this idea because I've read about people geocaching while taking part in this other activity (Don't ask, I ain't a tellin' B) ), but how to represent it on a coin is escaping me at the moment. :blink: ???

I'm sure it'll come to me eventually!! ;)

D-man B)

Wow! 20 free coins? At a rough average of $7/coin thats $140 worth of free coins for doing nothing. I guess I should come up with some ideas so someone else can do all the work and give me a whole sh**load of free coins...