Wooden Geocoins

GrabCachetic 4

I'd imagine in most cases it's personal preference on what you do with them.

I have some cheap plastic poker chips that I made that I drop in a cache when I find it.

Most of the area cachers have one, so the only ones locally that I leave one in now is if I get a FTF on a cache (Sort of a calling card).

But if I'm out of town I drop one in any cache that will hold one. Even a few micro containers are able to hold them. :yikes:

100 chips for under $4 bucks at Walmart and I work for a sign company that does digital printing. So, I just printed, die cut, & laminated them for protection.

Then spent an evening sticking them on while watching CSI re-runs :)

Here's a pic of them: (That's Possum Pete - Our Mascot! ;) )

grid_sig.gif

D-man :rolleyes:

Edited by gridlox

Yes, I got mine in yesterday and will be placing them in caches as soon as THALES returns my sick GPS. They look GREAT (in fact someone on the boards was asking about signature items and I directed them toward wooden nickels, now I may wind up actually trading mine with them!)

Doc

Just wondering what is the protocall for wooden coins.

If you have your own, do you leave them for the Cache owner or when you leave one in a cache should a finder take the wooden coins?

We're having some made, but being new to all this we couldn't figure out the ediquette for them.

Thanks!

I usually drop several of my wooden nickels into all of the caches I find, but I also do the usual Trade In/Trade Out. I use my own and other peoples wooden nickels as an extra in the caches I find.

Here's a link to my Wooden Nickel Coin Edition: SilverMarc's Wooden Nickels, and here's a link to someone who has a collection of wooden nickels (and other similar signature items): WookerOfWood's Wooden Nickels.

Happy Trading!

--Marc

January 8, 2006 @ 7:15 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I drop a wooden nickel that I make into almost every cache I find. (note to self: get that next batch done--I'm out!) It doesn't matter to me who takes it. I like finding sig pieces from other cachers, so I consider it a trade item good for another sig piece. I have almost as many wooden nickels as I have coins. AND they are cheap enough to leave in caches, not collections!

I drop one of my wooden nickels in every cache I find (if it will fit that is). As far as I'm concerned once I drop it, it is fair game for anyone who wants it.

I also use them to trade for other nickels, poker chips, etc. I currently have a collection of 90 tokens (about 3 times the size of my geocoin collection).

WoodenNickel-2.jpg