Garmin 60cs Not Showing Contour Lines.

Manco46er

Just upgraded to a Garmin 60cs from a Etrex Legend. I've downloaded several topo maps into the GPS with highest setting selected in the MapSource program. In the GPS map set up page I also have it set to show the most detail. My problem is that when I'm using the unit, it's only showing a lower level of detail. I'm not getting the level of detail such as all the contour lines that I get with my Legend unit. I've tried zooming in and out at all levels but still only minimal contour lines show up. I know it should show more contour detail. Am I missing something or is this just a trait of the 60cs. Thanks for the help. I'm ready to start pulling hair out at this point.

Manco46er

Topo is working ok on my Map60C GPS.

I have all the text in Map Setup set to Small, and Detail to Normal

Makes no difference whether I have Declutter ON or OFF.

Make sure you have all other maps turned OFF and TOPO turned ON.

TOPO seems best at 500 or 800 foot zoom level.

Geoff

Edited by GOT GPS?

Another thing that makes a difference is the amount of elevation changes in your area. Where I am there's no too many changes so my topo maps don't look cool like the ones shown on the Garmin web site. I asked them abou that one time and was told that the topo map shown on their web site is showing the Grand Canyon.

Thanks for the help guys, but I finally figured out what the problem was. Turns out that in the Map set up page, I had Marine Colors turned on. When I turned them off it redrew showing all the contour lines that I suspected should have been there. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Manco46er