County Geocoins

Okay then, here's some ideas...

The Devon outline in raised elevation with with major rivers (Taw, Torridge, Exe, Dart) shown in relief. Devon flag across the land mass.

On the back..... ummm.... something to do with grockles? ;)  hehehe

Why bother with the Devon outline - just shroud the whole county in fog/cloud :) On the back you could have ... red mud ... suicidal dartmoor sheep ... cream teas ... and best of all - the cider :yikes::rolleyes:

Do you have to get permission to use the Coat of Arms? I seem to remember coming across something a few years ago about the commercial use of county coats of arms.

Yes Chas, there is...

Here in work we have a Cheshire County wide meeting each quarter and we couldn't use the crest as our logo... so now we use the sheaf of Corn logo!

Do you have to get permission to use the Coat of Arms?

There is info on how to get permission on the Devon website, but it's a very complex coat of arms and I'm sure something else would be neater/cheaper/easier for the back anyway.

Thanks to Skate, it looks like Paintshop Pro will be making an appearance over the next few weeks then :laughing:

If a coin that is geocaching.com trackable could be produced at a decent cost by Devon, then I think that almost all other Counties will follow as they do in the States. The priorities would be; trackable a must, cost per 100 for manufacture. Design would then follow on similar lines. eg Avonmouth 'Clifton Suspension Bridge' Wiltshire 'Stonehenge'

Dorset 'Corfe Castle' Surrey 'Guildford Cathedral' etc, etc. I think county coins would be a great idea. :blink::(

It's the green bit before you get to the grey bit if you are heading towards to Land's End :blink::(

Oh now lets not pull every County apart, England is diverse and interesting in lots of locations and Devon is just one of the many splendors which exist. North, South, East and west there are places that shine and we should all know that.

Okay, back on track.... I'm considering setting up a "Devon Geocoin ideas" event cache for some time in the next few months. Who's interested in being involved (if we decide to proceed that is)?

I'd get your skates on sooner than that - as you know there is already someone out there producing non-trackable county coins without working with cachers from those places.

T

Okay, back on track.... I'm considering setting up a "Devon Geocoin ideas" event cache for some time in the next few months. Who's interested in being involved (if we decide to proceed that is)?

I'd get your skates on sooner than that - as you know there is already someone out there producing non-trackable county coins without working with cachers from those places.

Non trackable doesn't interest me, not most other cachers I would expect. I'd love to arrange this sooner, but it's low priority for me at the moment. It's just a coin after all... Life gets in the way :)