The Spinning Geocoin

Ladycacher

Here is outer rim.  The coin will sit inside this and spin. 

Just wondering :huh:

How is the inner coin attached to the outer ring that it allows it to spin? :)

With a pin that connects to the outer ring and runs through the coin.

***NOTE***

The outer ring will not be blue.

Still would like to know how much these will cost and how they will be sold (meaning eBay again). You said you're going to try to sell these tomorrow? Some details would be real helpful if that's the case. Thanks :)

I am waiting on cost now, she is working on that as we speak. If they go one sale tomorrow it will be a link I will post in a new thread that will take you to a "checkout". I will leave it open for a few days, so don't worry about missing it. :huh:

You're minting as many as demand warrants on this one right?

Correct. We are working on cost now, as it stands we are at 12.00 per coin. When I first looked into doing this they (not the coin company the people above them) quoted me titanium and WOW the price of that!

Correct. We are working on cost now, as it stands we are at 12.00 per coin. When I first looked into doing this they (not the coin company the people above them) quoted me titanium and WOW the price of that!

Have you been reading the "overpriced" coins are a good thing thread?? :D:unsure:

LOL Just Kidding!! :(;):(

I can imagine it is pricey to have a coin in 2 parts that has to be assembled.

Does the $12 include shipping and paypal fees? Cause that's pricey!

No it doesn't. That's why we are working on the cost and that's the price for 500 coins also, more coins will lessor the price also.

This is why I haven't been listing the price, I want to get it lower.

If I take out it being trackable and the icon it would be better......I didn't know if tracking is what would be wanted for this coin.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys
Down with the tracking!! :(  ;)

You think? I mean I thought for the first spinning coin people would want it trackable.

Trackable... and we still like our idea of a "spinning" icon! :(

Yes, $12 does seem a bit pricy, but ya gotta look at how complex it is compared to the majority of other coins. We're still in!

:unsure:

Down with the tracking!! :antenna:  :wub:

You think? I mean I thought for the first spinning coin people would want it trackable.

Trackable... and we still like our idea of a "spinning" icon! :ninja:

Yes, $12 does seem a bit pricy, but ya gotta look at how complex it is compared to the majority of other coins. We're still in!

:wub:

We are putting togather a spinning icon. :antenna:

I'd buy one trackable or not. It's a really great idea. I can see my kids now spinning their coins to see what type of cache we'll go to next...

:antenna:

Did I say just 1? I mean 2.. or 3... or 6... I just need to do some overtime!

Edited by hobbycache

Trackable... and we still like our idea of a "spinning" icon!  :ninja: 

Yes, $12 does seem a bit pricy, but ya gotta look at how complex it is compared to the majority of other coins.  We're still in!

:wub:

We are putting togather a spinning icon. :antenna:

Woohoo! :antenna:

I'd buy one trackable or not. It's a really great idea. I can see my kids now spinning their coins to see what type of cache we'll go to next...

:antenna:

Did I say just 1? I mean 2.. or 3... or 6... I just need to do some overtime!

And won't that be great? My boys each want one.

If it's not trackable, it's not a geocoin. It's a trade item/sig item/geo-themed token. Having a coin trackable is what makes it a geocoin.

Well, as long as you're comfortable being the only one who uses that particular definition, I suppose there's no harm in it... :mad:

By the way, maybe it's too late but I vote against tracking and icon. If we're voting. :laughing: