Logging Tracking Numbers

Pharmadude

When I find that someone has logged a TB tracking number, I often like to send a gentle little note requesting that they not do so. Today I thought I'd go a step further and refer them to the TB FAQ. But on checking the FAQ, I couldn't find any explicit instruction against this. Or am I missing something?

I recently logged a cache and dropped a TB - after returning home, I found that the following cacher who picked up a TB included the number on his log. Initially I waited figuring the cache owner or TB owner would say something, but it's been 4 days and the log still exists. I'm all for being helpful and playing the game ethically, but should I really be the one to nudge this 'cacher? If people recommend, I would contact him, but at the same time I am afraid of sticking my nose in other people's business.

Unless you know the cacher or the cache owner, I wouldn't say anything.

I appreciate the feedback, I was hoping not to say anything because in truth, I agree with you. I'm sure the mistake was well meaning by what I would consider another new cacher, but hopefully the issue will sort itself out.

Unless you know the cacher or the cache owner, I wouldn't say anything.

I appreciate the feedback, I was hoping not to say anything because in truth, I agree with you. I'm sure the mistake was well meaning by what I would consider another new cacher, but hopefully the issue will sort itself out.

If when looking at TB logs I notice the Number published I then check the profile of the poster if its a newbie I will email them and explain that TB's can get Hijacked and ask if the can edit there log . If it looks like a old hand at the game I leave it to each there own they might have a good reason . The couple of times I've email the response was positive .Knowledge needs to be passed along and not everyone has read all the Forums