Ftf Prize

I go down to the local trophy shop and get a small ftf trophy made up. Our local ftf competitiors around here really like them. It's something they can add to their collections. Here is a pic of one for my "Looks Greek to me" cache. I had it printed in Greek fonts to match the theme of the cache. The one pictured cost about $6 bucks, if I remember right.

0b60bf10-7bc5-4671-8298-e434e58098d7.jpg

We want to make our own cache in a very special spot to us. I've been reading about FTF prizes but need some ideas. be willing to spent up to $10......anyone????

Ten Dollar Bills work great. :lol:

Gift cads to restaurants are good too. Or maybe something from the Groundspeak shop.

Bret

For my first (and so far only) cache I had 3 FTF prizes, for different categories of finders:

1. Adult - $10 gift certificate to local Army-Navy Surplus, enough for 2 ammocans.

2. Kids - package of cool kid's swag and a PaNoWeGe kid's wooden nickel.

3. TUS FTF - That special FTF prize for the Tiresome Usual Suspects, Seattle's dedicated FTF hunters. It is ... well, special, and is meant to be rehidden in a new Seattle cache for yet another FTF hunt. It's had two holders so far, and I hope that it will be re-hidden soon.

Team Maccabee

I think coins (geocoins or otherwise) make great FTF prizes. They have a high perceived (and sometimes real) value. I hid a cache that marks a historic event which took place in 1881, so the FTF prize was an 1881 Morgan dollar. I also included a #1 ribbon I picked up at a dollar store. I'll be placing some more caches in the spring, and at least one of them will have an unactivated '06 PA geocoin.

Lovely old silver coins. In circulated condition in rolls, they're only worth about the price of the silver. So that's, like, three or four bucks for a big ol' Walking Liberty Half. If you've never held one in your hand, it feels like deadly serious money.

I snagged one FTF in my whole caching career, and I got a blue squishy frog. I was such a newbie, though, I thought it was keen.