Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
kevin308

I Have 2 Handhelds But No Licence

Ok I like 2 way radios so I got 2 Icom ic-e90 (i think its called something diffrent in the usa) Then I got 2 books from amozon about getting a foundation licence. But its way to hard All I want to do is talk to beople on my handheld im not going to build a spaceship so I dont want to have to learn rocket sicence. I have always been a bad learner why dont they make a simple hand held licence I should not have to know about circuits I am never going to try and make a radio or even open up the icoms i have.

I studied for weeks and weeks and i have tried the mock exam ald the most i have got is 3 correct answers. wow.

So I say to hell with it all I will use my hand helds without a licence Im not planning on hitting off a repeater so there is verry little chance of me getting caught even if i do get caught I would argue my case its not as if they will send me down. I tryed making up a call sign but I cant fool you pros... you can do far more danage with a computer then you can with my radio and I dont need a licence to have a net conection whats the big deal...

I would advise against using them without a license. A felony rap is not something you would want on your permanent record. You'd be better off selling them and getting a couple of the Motorola type FMRS radios and being legal. :lol:

So I say to hell with it all I will use my hand helds without a licence Im not planning on hitting off a repeater so there is verry little chance of me getting caught even if i do get caught I would argue my case its not as if they will send me down. I tryed making up a call sign but I cant fool you pros... you can do far more danage with a computer then you can with my radio and I dont need a licence to have a net conection whats the big deal...

That my friend would be a serious mistake. I believe the UK has an unlicensed service like the United States Family Radio Service that would be better for you.

Please, if you want to use the radios as intended study and pass the exam. If not, sell the radios and get something can be used without a license.

Max...

K0AZV

:rolleyes: I caution you using them without a license is quite illegal. The signal will travel some distance, and you take the chance of getting caught. If you want to communicate, try getting some FRS radios. Sell the radios on ebay and you will have some funds for other stuff.

Well, instead of breaking the law. Why not just search for a ham in your area and see if they can help you learn. You mentioned you have a few bought a few books already. Why not see if you can learn by "hands-on"?

I think just about any ham would be willing to help. Even myself.

Chris

I'm not sure about the licensing program where you are, but here the basic license doesn't require much electronics knowledge. Know what electrical components do, know the amateur rules. You don't need to calculate the resistance of 3 resistors in parallel or anything. It's a lot easier than it sounds.