Premium Member Page

Happy New Year to all! For the past several days I have been trying to sign us up for a premium member ship. However the page to the Groundspeak store will not load. I don't want to use a Paypal account, I want to use my credit card. Does anyone have a link to a page that works?

Yeah, yeah, this is probably in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to put it.

We were having the same problem... Gave GPSr to sister-in-law for Christmas and took her out caching over this weekend to show her how to use it. She's totally hooked [<_<] and wanted to sign up for Premium but we couldn't get to the page. I have a PayPal account but we were afraid using that would add a year to our (K&tG) premium account and not activate hers. We ended up sending a msg to Jeremy but I don't know what the outcome was yet -- haven't talked to sister-in-law -- or even if Jeremy had a chance to read the message. (I did suggest we post a note in the GC web site forum but she only has excruciatingly slow dial-up and Grouch doesn't "do" forums so he told her to message.)

So.... no answer for you, but some empathy at least.

We were having the same problem... Gave GPSr to sister-in-law for Christmas and took her out caching over this weekend to show her how to use it. She's totally hooked [B)] and wanted to sign up for Premium but we couldn't get to the page. I have a PayPal account but we were afraid using that would add a year to our (K&tG) premium account and not activate hers. We ended up sending a msg to Jeremy but I don't know what the outcome was yet -- haven't talked to sister-in-law -- or even if Jeremy had a chance to read the message. (I did suggest we post a note in the GC web site forum but she only has excruciatingly slow dial-up and Grouch doesn't "do" forums so he told her to message.)

So.... no answer for you, but some empathy at least.

just as an aside...

I think you would have been safe to do it this way, and it would have created the membership for her, as long as you specified the username and email address it was to be applied to.

I make this supposition based on the fact that some one else bought and paid for my membership at the same time they bought their own. And, lo and behold, we each ended up with one years membership, rather than him getting two years.

However, I am unsure what his payment method was, just that he paid for them both at the same time, and the ever-bright people at Groundspeak "got it right"...

for what it's worth... B)