Make Your Package Thick

Ladycacher

For the 4th time I have been charged a priority rate for a .60 package, which is no big deal for now, but I thought I would bring it to attention so it will stop.

I don't care what YOUR post office says but the rule is 3/4 inch thick if you slap a delivery confirmation on it or it will be charged as priority. Now I know some post office's let you slide, but mine and many others do not and I pay the difference of what you paid (in this case it is 3.57).

What I do is wrap the coin with bubble wrap, a bubble mailer, cardboard, whatever is around when I am packing the coin so it is 3/4 inch thick. One package I got they used packing peanuts.

Thanks for you attention with this matter and carry on........ :)

I have been using 6x9 manila envelopes folded in half with the coin in a recycled bubble mailer inside.It makes for a nice thin and sturdy package.Delivery confirmation seems like a waste of money to me.With over 300 packages mailed I have only had 1 not make it safe and sound. My local post office has been great to deal with.I have been fortunate to not be charged additional fees.I misunderstood your post when I first read it.

We use the ship procedure from Paypal.

We write the name on a paper sandwich bag. When we sort the coins go in the each bag We fold the bag over and place in a bubble envelope 2 coins will be 3/4 inch.

Then if the package will weigh lest than 13 OZ ( we use a digital scale) we use the Paypal Ship feature.

That feature will print a Post Office Mailing label with return addres

the label has the Delivery Confirmation number bar coded on it

will e-mail the Delivery confirmation number to the buyer

automaticly withdraw the postage and pay the USPS

the delivery confirmation only cost $0.13 not $0.45

Then tape it to the bubble envelope. The great thing of this is that you can put them in a box and give them to your postal carrier or take them to your post office and go around back to the dock and give then the box full. This way you bypass the USPS worker at the window. the carrier or the people at the dock could care less about measuring the thickness. The ones at the counter are the ones who care.

Also you can print the Priority mail and the Priority Mail Flat Rate box label.

When done you can go back to Paypal and search the buyers email click on the "Check shipment" and it will take you to the USPS site and plug in the tracking number and show the date and time the package was delivered.

Edited by GA Cacher
We use the ship procedure from Paypal.

We write the name on a paper sandwich bag. When we sort the coins go in the each bag We fold the bag over and place in a bubble envelope 2 coins will be 3/4 inch.

Then if the package will weigh lest than 13 OZ ( we use a digital scale) we use the Paypal Ship feature.

Then tape it to the bubble envelope. The great thing of this is that you can put them in a box and give them to your postal carrier or take them to your post office and go around back to the dock and give then the box full. This way you bypass the USPS worker at the window. the carrier or the people at the dock could care less about measuring the thickness. The ones at the counter are the ones who care.

Also you can print the Priority mail and the Priority Mail Flat Rate box label.

When done you can go back to Paypal and search the buyers email click on the "Check shipment" and it will take you to the USPS site and plug in the tracking number and show the date and time the package was delivered.

How do you do this with a trade? I do this with e*** shipments, for which a PayPal payment is received, but haven't been able to without that.

What label do you use to print this out?

Then if the package will weigh lest than 13 OZ  ( we use a digital scale) we use the Paypal Ship feature.

the delivery confirmation only cost $0.13  not $0.45

I use a brother thermal printer, but paypal will print to a regular page that you can cut and tape. For 3/4" I use a smaller bubble mailer inside a slightly larger mailer. Also gives protection against slit-and-steal.

Then if the package will weigh lest than 13 OZ  ( we use a digital scale) we use the Paypal Ship feature.

the delivery confirmation only cost $0.13  not $0.45

Just a inkjet on a good stock paper. It prints the label on the upper half of the page and prints the Delivery Confirmation on the lower half. I cut it and trim and them file the confirmation. You just tape it to the envelope as long as you don't tape on the barcode.

How do you do this with a trade? I do this with e*** shipments, for which a PayPal payment is received, but haven't been able to without that.

You send each other invoices for 1 cent. At least that's how GeoCrickets suggested we do it.

I tried that with Motorbug the other day and couldn't get it to work, but we didn't use invoices, he just sent the cent. I'll try that again.

I use label paper, which I buy in a box of 100 sheets so it's cheap per sheet. Then it just sticks to the envelope. More expensive than plain paer, but no messing with tape either.

I find delivery confirmation pretty useless myself. My experience is that a log typically shows up two days after the item is placed in the system and two days after being delivered and nothing in between. Just because it was delivered does not necessairly mean it was delivered to the correct person/address. It is not a service that I use.

It seems a bit of a stretch that if I hand the package to a postal clerk with a Delivery Confirmation on it and he tells be what to pay, that they could then turn around an bill the recipient because their local Postal Bureaucrat is anal. But then that's government for you.

I asked that same question at the post office this morning and got that same opinion. If they tell me what to pay and that it is acceptable, no other post office has a right to over-ride them.

I use delivery confirmation from time to time, but not as much as I used to . My PO does not scan them on receipt so it shows nothing useful till delivered, and in many cases nothing then either. I have only had a couple of coins go missing and I'm not sure DC would have helped.

I print all my postage from paypal too. I use Delivery Confirmation on EVERYTHING. Why?

I once sold some fish food that the buyer paid 50- for. She said she never got it. Well paypal took 50- out of my account and refunded her money cause I didnt use Delivery confirmation.

Delivery Confirmation is needed as proof of shipment. You have proof...your protected unded Paypal's Seller policy...they refund the money to the customer and it comes out of Paypal's pocket...not mine.

So for 13 cents its well worth it for me. Customer is happy..that means I'm happy!

I have not learned how to ship through paypal without a payment...I know its possible though..would like the cipher if anyone has that info B)

Anyone know what the recourse is for lost packages that used DC?

My NY coins never showed up and were last scanned 12/18 as leaving one of the PO facilities...... B)

You can tell paypal that you never recieved it. Paypal will refund your money after they look into it. The seller will no lose money...paypal will. I would ask the seller to ship another one...you could pay with your refunded money.

Anyone know what the recourse is for lost packages that used DC?

My NY coins never showed up and were last scanned 12/18 as leaving one of the PO facilities...... B)

You can tell paypal that you never recieved it. Paypal will refund your money after they look into it. The seller will no lose money...paypal will. I would ask the seller to ship another one...you could pay with your refunded money.

Thanks for that. Wanted to make sure that the shipper/seller wasn't penalized.

I print all my postage from paypal too. I use Delivery Confirmation on EVERYTHING. Why?

I once sold some fish food that the buyer paid 50- for. She said she never got it. Well paypal took 50- out of my account and refunded her money cause I didnt use Delivery confirmation.

Delivery Confirmation is needed as proof of shipment. You have proof...your protected unded Paypal's Seller policy...they refund the money to the customer and it comes out of Paypal's pocket...not mine.

So for 13 cents its well worth it for me. Customer is happy..that means I'm happy!

I have not learned how to ship through paypal without a payment...I know its possible though..would like the cipher if anyone has that info B)

How is this proof though if your post office is one that doesn't actively scan DC packages? Anyone could print the label with DC and not actually send the package. Granted I'm sure it's considered fraud to the post office if caught and would not be taken lightly.

I print all my postage from paypal too.  I use Delivery Confirmation on EVERYTHING.  Why?

I once sold some fish food that the buyer paid 50- for.  She said she never got it.  Well paypal took 50- out of my account and refunded her money cause I didnt use Delivery confirmation.

Delivery Confirmation is needed as proof of shipment.  You have proof...your protected unded Paypal's Seller policy...they refund the money to the customer and it comes out of Paypal's pocket...not mine.

So for 13 cents its well worth it for me.  Customer is happy..that means I'm happy!

I have not learned how to ship through paypal without a payment...I know its possible though..would like the cipher if anyone has that info :lol:

How is this proof though if your post office is one that doesn't actively scan DC packages? Anyone could print the label with DC and not actually send the package. Granted I'm sure it's considered fraud to the post office if caught and would not be taken lightly.

Maybe someone would try this with Fedex or UPS, but they wouldnt want to try this with the Post Office. Postal Fraud is not treated lightly.

Wonder why Fedex/UPS scan their packages everystep of the way.

nielsenc

I have had the clerks at my local PO be picky, they refuse to do delivery confirm unless its 3/4" thick, and if you use a padded envelope they will charge an extra 12 cents i think it is for manual sorting.

so what i usually do is print postage at the do it yourself machine, or now i have a postal scale i just use stamps and drop it in my local mailbox.

although when I mail off my personals to people i will be taking them to the PO and mailing them all at once. preferably on the DIY machine and not the clerk.