Trying To Un-archive An Indiana Cache

hide & seekers

I'm trying to un-archive a cache, A Doggone Good Cache, GCRAV5. Slightly long story, but the cache wasn't missing, only misplaced. I emailed the reviewer about it, Desdemona, a few days ago but haven't heard anything. There's been no activity on her account for over a month.

I was hoping another Indiana reviewer might be able to help me -- contact Desdemona for me or take on the case themselves. Thanks for any input anyone has!

The Enable Cache feature just allows you to create a new log for it. As owner, I have the option of posting a Reviewer's Note, but I'm not sure if that would catch anyone's attention.

I'll send Mountain Climber a note if I don't hear from Desdemona. She has approved all my caches, so I wasn't even sure who the other Indiana reviewers were.

Patrick, your photo still graces the cache page as an honorary Cache Dog of the Week!

I received an email from a cacher saying Desdemona is no longer an active reviewer and to contact Mountain Climber. Hopefully I'll see some action now!

I wonder how many others have tried to contact a reviewer with no response because they are not reviewing any longer? Maybe a change to the system is needed here if there's no automatic system in place to assign caches to a new reviewer??? Hmmmm, might have to post this in the website topic forum.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I received an email from a cacher saying Desdemona is no longer an active reviewer and to contact Mountain Climber. Hopefully I'll see some action now!

I wonder how many others have tried to contact a reviewer with no response because they are not reviewing any longer? Maybe a change to the system is needed here if there's no automatic system in place to assign caches to a new reviewer??? Hmmmm, might have to post this in the website topic forum.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Just keep in mind ... reviewers are unpaid volunteers. If you had any idea how many hours a week some of them put into their services for the rest of us....

Just keep in mind ... reviewers are unpaid volunteers. If you had any idea how many hours a week some of them put into their services for the rest of us....

Ohhhh! I wasn't criticizing the reviewers in any way. Just suggesting that system might need tweaking to let someone know when a particular reviewer is no longer available.

Thank you Bad Majec for forwarding the thread to Mountain Climber. I did email him/her earlier today.

Yes, all our reviewers do a great job!

There really isn't much point in "assigning" archived caches to anyone. They're archived. You can always use the contact@ address to send requests if you're not sure where it needs to go or look for recently listed caches in the area and email the publishing reviewer. Reviewers do seem to take mini-vacations and have some overlap every once in a while.