Kilted Geocachers

Snoogans

If I did wear a kilt around these h'year parts, I'd be sure to strap on a "Hugh Jazz" shootin' iron. The locals don't take kindly to dudes wearin' 'skirts' around here.

People are pretty weirded out by it here in CT too, especially when I wore mine while caching in ritzy Greenwich. That's the best part about it! :lol:

Our wedding, which was a terrain 5 geocaching event.

10acd868-f946-4a19-beb8-0ec7ab8b39c8.jpg

Caching in Greenwich.

d98c3f9e-1da8-4c46-9abc-a8bc008b047a.jpg

At our monthly Wings & Beer event.

bf9a7cec-bb56-4b2f-9fff-1afe38ccdd58.jpg

What makes folks want to cache in a kilt?

Female tendencies? being toooo in touch w/ thier feminine side? :o<_<

No...j/k ... I have thought of getting one myself. I regularly attend/volunteer at the Triad Highland Games in Greensboro, NC. My wife has found her/our clan and if I wanted I could have a clan-correct kilt. One of the Ulility-Kilts would be cool too.But a 4 ft. tall 400 lbs. man in a kilt ain't a pretty thought....or site!

Matt :P

I was looking at my post and my avatar......

I would imagine it would be highly entertaining to watch me get in and out of a much lifted Samurai while trying to remain modest. ;):P:P:P;)

Edited by Lizooki

I belong to a group that recreates the Middle Ages so seeing guys in kilts is no big deal. What is a big deal though is when guys decide to go 'comando' then don't know how to sit down properly. Please if you wear the kilt, learn to sit because people don't want to see your bits and pieces or your undies. <_<

Thank-you

I own a few kilts. I have though about wearing my utilikilt geocaching, but have not yet. If you wear a utilikilt you should wear shorts that are the same color under it. Because the utilikilt is so light I find that it is very easy for the wind to blow my utilikilt up. I do not have that problem with any of my other kilts.

I own a few kilts. I have though about wearing my utilikilt geocaching, but have not yet. If you wear a utilikilt you should wear shorts that are the same color under it. Because the utilikilt is so light I find that it is very easy for the wind to blow my utilikilt up. I do not have that problem with any of my other kilts.

I wear boxers under mine, not because the wind might blow it up, but because there are certain body parts that I do not want resting on a public bench or chair.

4ceaf4a6-e94a-4f2f-a9c1-a2e6771cd193.jpg

I belong to a group that recreates the Middle Ages so seeing guys in kilts is no big deal. What is a big deal though is when guys decide to go 'comando' then don't know how to sit down properly. Please if you wear the kilt, learn to sit because people don't want to see your bits and pieces or your undies. B)

Thank-you

My husband wears shorts under his. B)

Hey Leatherman! LTNS!

leatherman Posted on Jan 4 2006, 05:10 PM

I've thought about getting a kilt. My great grandfather is Clan McGregor.

However I hate it when white folk wear indian stuff because their great grandmother was an indian princess. 

Looking at it with a different perspective; It's all a part of recognizing your heritage and the culture that comes with it and there's nothing wrong with that.

I've thought about getting a kilt. My great grandfather is Clan McGregor.

However I hate it when white folk wear indian stuff because their great grandmother was an indian princess. :yikes:

That's why I wear a Utilikilt, there is no heritage in them, just free swinging comfort. :)

Just what I was going to say, criminal. (Except for the swinging part ;) ) :rolleyes:

Back to the first pic. Where is it taken? Who is Saxman? The guy with the kilt on the right looks very much like D. Garvie.

2885cbce-cc06-4cae-835f-afc68e37295a.jpg

Left to right:

Dr123d, SquareBear (or Ray of Ray and Rose), Sax (me), and Snoogans

Well thanks for clearing that up for me, saxy! After I posted all those pictures of Squar Bear earlier in this thread, I was going wacko, cause I kept thinking that he was Ray and Rose. Now I get it! :yikes: Glad to know that I'm not crazy, after all. :rolleyes::)

I belong to a group that recreates the Middle Ages so seeing guys in kilts is no big deal. What is a big deal though is when guys decide to go 'comando' then don't know how to sit down properly. Please if you wear the kilt, learn to sit because people don't want to see your bits and pieces or your undies. :)

Thank-you

No one's gonna see my undies :rolleyes:

Canadian Kilts don't exist. Brrr!

Except for Nova Scotia. ;)

Oh there is a few people around Canada that drag out their kilts once and a while. Nova Scotia more often than the rest. I even saw a guy in Walmart the other day but I am pretty sure his was a skirt. It was a burgundy number with ruffles accented with fur trimmed combat boots and he was near the case holding the GPSs but I am sure that doesnt count.

I am ukranian and honestly I wouldn't be caught dead caching in traditional garb.