Where Does It Stop?

5¢

I'm still amazed that people are defending the practice of hiding caches on/near/diguised as electrical equipment.  Its very clear that selfish motivations for numbers are winning out over common sense for some folks.

Here is my advice for GC.com:  As an engineer with an actual university degree, a technical degree, more than 5 years of experience,  countless hours of safety training, and whose JOB IT IS TO ADVISE COMPANIES REGARDING SAFETY ISSUES...Add a line to your cache placement guidelines prohibiting caches on, near, or made to resemble utility equipment, or sources of power. 

That advice is free.  Normally I charge for it.

Numbers? How is this about numbers?

To blatantly plagiarize:

Here is my advice for GC.com: As an engineer with an actual university degree (in electrical engineering, natch), more than 5 years of experience, countless hours of safety training, who has recieved multiple awards for on the job safety, and who HAS WORKED IN AN INDUSTRY WHERE SAFTEY, INCLUDING ELECTRICAL SAFETY, IS OF UTMOST IMORTANCE...let people use their common sense.

If someone places a cache that obviously goes against what you think is reasonable, post an SBA, but if we keep adding knee-jerk reaction guidelines, we'll have nothing left to hunt.

Edited by VegasCacheHounds

After discussing this with the OP and considering the fact that I have put my personal opinion in this thread, I feel that there is no place positive for this thread to go and this topic should wait for a better day.

Thanks folks, and feel free to bring this up again ain a day or two. Closing thread.