Stadium Caches..allowed Or Not

How many ways to kill this idea? Let me count the ways:

• Private Property - There is a high probability that a stadium is private property and you would have to get permission from the owner. Even if you did that, the cache would still run afoul of the next 3 guidelines.
  • Off Limit caches - Caches near or under public structures deemed potential or possible targets for terrorist attacks.
  • Cache Permanence - When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time.
  • Commercial Caches - Commercial caches attempt to use the Geocaching.com web site cache reporting tool directly or indirectly (intentionally or non-intentionally) to solicit customers through a Geocaching.com listing. These are NOT permitted. Examples include for-profit locations that require an entrance fee, or locations that sell products or services.

No booing!

That's what some of our fans request here in Happy Valley.

Mopar, thanks for the info.

:D

HolyCowboys

Happy Valley???

Would this stadium you're referring be everbody's favorite stadium named after a weird animal, home of the Pennsylvania State University Nittany Lions, BEAVER STADIUM?!?!?

Or is it some other random place?

:D:D:D

But yah, I tend to go along with Mopar, there are so many reasons this isn't a very good idea.

[*]Commercial Caches - Commercial caches attempt to use the Geocaching.com web site cache reporting tool directly or indirectly (intentionally or non-intentionally) to solicit customers through a Geocaching.com listing. These are NOT permitted. Examples include for-profit locations that require an entrance fee, or locations that sell products or services.

Here in germany there is one cache on one of the towers of the cologne cathedral.

You have to pay something to get on it.

When you report a cache on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will) expect the cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time.

What part of 8-10 days a year makes it realistic or available for an extended period of time? I vote "no". Place it outside the stadium so we can find it on a day with 60,000 fewer muggles in the area.

I thought Happy Valley was the region in western Puerto Rico where Prozac is manufactured? <_<

Place it outside of the stadium, in a publicly accessible area, where it is not likely to cause any security issues, and it will be well received. You can even make it a multicache and incorporate some PSU history into the method of finding the final stage.

Hide it inside the stadium and it will simply become unapproved geotrash. :o

I thought Happy Valley was the region in western Puerto Rico where Prozac is manufactured? <_<

Place it outside of the stadium, in a publicly accessible area, where it is not likely to cause any security issues, and it will be well received. You can even make it a multicache and incorporate some PSU history into the method of finding the final stage.

Hide it inside the stadium and it will simply become unapproved geotrash. :o

Among the many other caches placed at or near the Penn State campus, your post reminded me to point to the East Campus Landmarks Tour multicache, and the We're Number ONE!!!! virtual cache, located just outside the stadium. There are plenty of ways to hide a cache that's accessible year-round in this special happy area.