I.t.r.a.c. Open Cases, Reports & Updates

rxzephyr

Travel bug been sitting in the hands of someone for months? Geocoin been sitting in a cache for a year? Contact the ITRAC - the International Traveller Rescue & Assistance Coalition - and we'll try and help you get your traveller back on the road.

Open Cases

• Reported: 11/29/2005
    Traveller: His Addictions
    Owner: the hermit crabs
    In the Hands: Zippy & The Crew
    -----
  • Reported: 11/29/2005
    Traveller: Her Addictions
    Owner: the hermit crabs
    In the Hands: Winston_Smith
    Last Seen: Lebanon Travel Bug Hotel (New Hampshire, USA) 04/23/2005
    -----
  • Reported: 11/30/2005
    Traveller: TwoPolarBears
    Owner: aRRKS
    In the Hands: N/A
    Last Seen: 270 McDougal Road, Fort Smith, NWT, Canada 08/09/2005
    -----
    Traveller: Free Long Distance
    Owner: Cheminer Will
    Last Seen: Gordon's Travel Bug Depot (New York, USA) 09/02/2005
    -----
    Traveller: International Cache Change
    Owner: ExpeditionExplorers
    -----
    Traveller: Plato Platypus
    Owner: maccamob
    In the Hands: Venturing VanHoosens
    -----
  • Reported: 12/01/2005
    Traveller: Tigger Too
    Owner: Love Bugs
    -----
    Traveller: RXZephyr's Model Railway Travel Bug
    Owner: rxzephyr
    In the Hands: killick/lpn
    Last Seen: Come 'Splore These Falls (Nova Scotia, Canada) 26/08/2005
    -----
    Traveller: The Borg Travel Bug
    Owner: rxzephyr
    In the Hands: shelmybell
    -----
  • Reported: 13/12/2005
    Traveller: Bugaroo Banzai!
    Owner: EleriandBlade
    In the Hands: laurelg2
    Last Seen: Smile Mother Teresa you're on Caching Camera (Washington, USA) 24/05/2005

This list will be updated as cases are opened and closed.

RXZ

Too bad there's nothing much we can do about simply MIA TBs. I had one called The Blue Tool go missing from a cache I own without ever logging a single mile. I contacted every cacher who logged a visit and visited the cache myself to check on anybody else who signed the log book, but the TB was simply missing without a trace, along with a White Jeep. I feel terrible for the owner, but I tried to find clues without success.

Here are another 2 for you.

The Cat and the Dog TB

Owner: Tandemaniacs

Released: Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Origin: California, United States

7/18/2005 TeamGreyhound placed it in I-79 TB Rest Stop

============================================================

Disney Delirious TB

Owner: Tandemaniacs

Released: Thursday, April 07, 2005

Origin: California, United States

8/24/2005 DoobaScuba retrieved it from Keebler Dawn Cache California

[visit log]

I've got 'em!! We've returned back to Washington after our trip in Southern Cal (where we picked up the bug @ Keebler Dawn Cache, Big Bear Lake). We're going to place this in a FUN, LITTLE PARK in Mukilteo, WA. It'll be somewhat seaside in the fresh air of the Pacific NW (zip 98275).

=============================================================

Also CA geocoin 1833 trackable on http://www.calif.geocoin.net/

Dropped into GCKAPA on 2005-05-27 by tiki-4 (292.07 miles)

Log entry: At the GWIII

=============================================================

Thank you for having this great idea for a thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

While I think the idea of travel bug rescue is a good one I just want to be sure that you realize that the only bugs you will be able to actually check on will be the ones that are marked as being in caches. That can be verified. If cachers start emailing people who supposedly have the bug in their hands, and it gets out of control it could be considered harrassing those people. Some people have spam blockers that block out emails from gc.com and they don't even know it. Some people left the bug long ago and never knew how to log it. Some probably thought they did log it. Some were new and never cached again. There are as many reasons as there are missing travel bugs. There are all kinds of issues this brings up. This shouldn't turn into any kind of vendetta against cachers, so please don't let it. Harrassment of cachers is grounds for being banned, so let's keep it friendly. I do like the idea of volunteers willing to check caches for missing bugs, that is a good one. I don't like the thought of people ganging up on others over a trinket. Hopefully we all knew the risks when we set our bugs out. If not, try reading the pinned longevity and whining threads at the top of this forum. Thanks.

Here is another one...

CHS Generals TB TBHB99

Reported: 8 Jan 2006

Owner: Neos2 (actually, Mrs A's 2005 Biology class)

Released: Friday, September 24, 2004 and has logged over 9000 miles

Stuck in: New to the Area since Nov 25, 2005

I realize that the TB hasn't been out of circulation long, but it is part of a classroom project, and the tag on the TB as well as the TB page ask that it be put somewhere where it will keep moving. The goal of the TB is to travel to many locations, so that students can track the movement, and try to determine what type of biome the cache has visited. Last year's class had a grat time tracking the TB through the southern US, Alberta Canda, and Alaska. This year's class is supposed to keep tracking that TB, and send out their own TB so they can compare the travels the two TBs make. It is exciting for the students to interact with the TB in real time--and the days we got email were always thrilling. We would download any photos, look up the places on the map, track it on our own map, figure out the biome (high desert chapparal, black gum swamp, tundra, pine forest. scrub forest, etc)...and try to guess where it might go next!

The cache is near Lake Hugo, near Hugo, OK off I-70 and has been there 2 years and has only logged 29 visits.

The cache owner has not logged onto the geocaching site since January 29, 2005, has only 6 finds and the one find.

The next nearest caches are over 8 miles away, and were adopted by a cacher in Texas.

The cachers who placed the TB in the cache apparently traveled about 150 miles to visit the cache.

Here's hoping that someone will be traveling near that area soon, and be willing to detour slightly to help out the class!

I know eartha mentioned not to harrass people but I found who killed kenny TB and he was suppose to meet up with stan marsh i looked to see where he was and a cacher had him for a year. I sent him a friendly e-mail and he replied that he had and injury and was not able to cache and asked if he mailed it to me would I get it back into circulation. I know this doesnt work in all cases but here was someone who was not able t o place it in a cache. Hopefully a happy ending and a bug back on the road

This shouldn't turn into any kind of vendetta against cachers, so please don't let it. Harrassment of cachers is grounds for being banned, so let's keep it friendly.

My original concept was never intending for an infinate number of people to contact people who have a travel bug. The concept was more in line with putting people in contact with people who might know the person.

For example, someone has a travel bug that's been in the hands of a new geocacher for the past 6 months because it looks like they haven't been out since. The TB owner would then contact the ITRAC group saying that their TB appears to in the hands of NewCacherX who has not responded to a friendly email inquiery. ITRAC has a member who is in the area where the TB was last seen, and is in turn a member of the local Geocaching Association. He remembers ExperiencedCacherA was taking NewCacherX out on an orientation run. They then talk to ExperiencedCacherA who is able to retrieve the TB from NewCacherX's junk drawer because they're not going out anymore.

Yes, an idea situation but one that could happen if there was enough co-ordination & representation.

This group was never intended to be some kind of vigalente group, so I'll echo the let's keep it friendly statement.

RXZ

I know eartha mentioned not to harrass people but I found who killed kenny TB and he was suppose to meet up with stan marsh i looked to see where he was and a cacher had him for a year. I sent him a friendly e-mail and he replied that he had and injury and was not able to cache and asked if he mailed it to me would I get it back into circulation. I know this doesnt work in all cases but here was someone who was not able t o place it in a cache. Hopefully a happy ending and a bug back on the road

I really can't see that a single, polite, email inquiring about the status of a travel bug would be considered harassment. I can, however, see how many people sending an email - some worded strongly - to a single person could be considered harassment.

To keep things orderly, when an ITRAC member is looking into a missing traveller, just make a quick post here to say that you're handling it. That should solve the email flood and keep other people open to look into others. I know we're all enthusiastic, but we have to keep a cool & organized head here.

And, above all, keep it polite and professional! This is a family sport and you have no idea surrounding the circumstances that have stranded a bug. And the last thing we need people thinking we are is the TB Police. Some people have pulled parallels between us and SAR groups, which is probably closer to the truth.

RXZ

Edited by rxzephyr

These are my two assumed MIA TBs

Froggie would a travelin' go TBKY91

Picked up 11/12/2005 from Rose Park (GCHC04) by a new cacher rbtait (11 found) and never logged out of Rose Park or heard from again. rbtait hasn't responded to email

Shuttle Me Freely TBKFTP

Left in Last Delivery (GCGBGB) 11/19/2005, no logs mention it and several folks have mentioned the TBs are missing from the cache. The cache owner kindly replied to email that he will check, but I'm assuming there is nothing to find and no leads.

Froggie would a travelin' go  TBKY91

Picked up 11/12/2005 from Rose Park (GCHC04) by a new cacher  rbtait (11 found) and never logged out of Rose Park or heard from again.  rbtait hasn't responded to email

I'm happy to report I heard from rbtait tonight and he will be releasing Froggie back into the wild! Yay!

Aushiker TB TBHE5W

Reported: April 2, 2005

Owner: Aushiker

Released: September 9, 2004 and logged 560 kilometres

In the hands of Broomehill Bandits (Western Australia, Australia) since April 2, 2005

I have emailed Broomehill Bandits numerous times politely asking them to either contact me, move the Bug on or post it back to me without a single response.

I note they have not been caching for awhile but they do log into Geocaching.com.

If anyone can offer some assistance it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker

Timelss Spirit TB TBHJ5P

Reported: December 9, 2005

Owner: Aushiker

Released: May 11, 2005 and logged 20,645 kilometres

Last seen in Burger-King Travel Bug Stop-over (Litchfield, Maine, United States). The Cache owner reported the Bug missing on December 9, 2005

If anyone can offer some assistance in locating the Bug it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker

From: Hitchhikers International Liberation League (H.I.L.L.)

To: Private Trader Jack

Content: Buzz The Mighty Liberator Rescued

Buzz the Mighty Liberator

has at last been rescued from the

Ghost of the Aardvark cache.

Since you are the one that succesfully

accomplished this mission,

you are therefor and herafter

a member of I.T.R.A.C.

(International Traveler Rescue & Assistance Coalition)

Black Jack (Agent 65), signing out!

Hoping someone out there in the Chatham, Ontario area can help me here. My wife's TB Pookie has been stuck in a cache out there for a month now. It hasn't had much luck moving about as each cache it gets dropped in, it seems to spend a fair amount of time in. Can someone in that area please pick him up and help move him along. Thanks.

Luc & Sweety

Glad to relay that "Free Long Distance" has been found and grabbed. It had been picked up out of a cache on September 2nd and the people in possession of it stated back in October that they thought they had moved it on but could not remember where. I guess it turned out they had it all along and left it, although without logging it, in "Once every Four Years" when they visited on December 30.

Glad to report it's back on the road!

Reported: 02/12/2006

Traveller: Pinky Penguin

Owner: penguin44

Dropped off there on Jan 21, 2006.

Hello penquin44 Go to our Frappr Map and contact the person that is closest to the cache. I believe it will be pbear23.

This is most direct way to contact the closest person to your Travel bug. I hope it is traveling soon.

GEO.JOE

We have the following TB that requires rescuing from a cache on an island just off of NE Austrailia. Some well meaning!! cacher placed this racing bug here last July and the cache has not been visited since. Should any ITRAC members happen to be out this way on holiday or just fancy a trip to what I'm sure is an amazing place please do drop by and rescue our poor old TB who is getting very lonely out there.

Traveller: It's a jumper

Owner: The Phillimore Clan

We have the following TB that requires rescuing from a cache on an island just off of NE Austrailia.

Hi Phillimore Clan

I have posted a heads-up in the Geocaching Australia forums for you. You might also want to check Frapper for a geocacher nearby.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks for that, I have checked Frapper but unfortunately Australia has had rather a poor take-uo with only one member quite some distance away on the east coast.

One friendly email, even two, or three spaced far apart as long as they are friendly wouldn't be harrassing someone. Certainly one email is not harrassment. If you never get a response, they probably have the mail blocked. Try posting on their cache page - nicely - if they have one. If you get a response, delete the post.

Starting to send emails that sound like "Hey BUB! You #$%^& dolt! You conniving, thieving bugnapper!!! Let the bug go, or your geocoin gets it!" Now that is considered harrassment. Always treat others the way you'd want to be treated. (Unless of course you're a masochist. :) )

n4vdj retrieved Motel--Hotel (Travel Bug Dog Tag) from Windy Hill Cache #3 TBGKEY

placed in tb graveyard. but would like to have it out of there

emails sent to n4vdj and no replies

This could be the guy n4vdj. It has an email address.

will send emails again to this guy and see what happens. but if no luck on emails, does anyone in his area know the guy, I really would like my TB to be moving. it only logged about 49 miles before I placed it into the grave yard.

I just found out about this group. I'm guessing it's too late, but my dad's travel bug went missing almost 3 years ago. There's not anything you can do for it, is it?

Not necessarily. If you have the details, you can post them. You never know what can happen!

Thank you. His bug is Bucky Ducky http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...cf-0d6da07692a1

Owned by my Dad, Rockscaler. Let me know if you need any more onfo.

I just found out about this group. I'm guessing it's too late, but my dad's travel bug went missing almost 3 years ago. There's not anything you can do for it, is it?

Not necessarily. If you have the details, you can post them. You never know what can happen!

Thank you. His bug is Bucky Ducky http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...cf-0d6da07692a1

Let me ask a quick question - Have you or your father made any attempt to contact the current holder? looks like someone who gave up early on.

--Meatstack, serving the central Ohio Area.

I have two I'd like to add to the list, if I may...

Virtual Vacation, last seen in I Brake "FORE" Fishing, GCKJJX on October 16, 2004.

I've posted a note for that cache to ask if someone could check the physical logs.

Cruisin' USA, last seen in Guana Quest, GCC281 on May 1, 2005.

This one's had rather a rocky adventure; I'd appreciate it if someone could check the physical logs and see if someone recorded picking up my bug.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give!

I have a couple that have been sitting for a while. I don't know if a rescue is necessarily in order, but would be thrilled if they started moving again.

Hako the TB has been sitting in Indefatigable since 5 August 2005. The cache hasn't been found (or even really attempted) since that date.

Bailey the TB has been sitting in Bassenji since 30 November 2005. Again, the cache hasn't been found (or attempted by what I can tell) since that date.

Any help in getting these guys moving would be greatly appreciated.

Let me ask a quick question - Have you or your father made any attempt to contact the current holder? looks like someone who gave up early on.

--Meatstack, serving the central Ohio Area.

Meatstack,

My dad emailed the kids who picked him up several times and got no response.

Hello penquin44 Go to our Frappr Map and contact the person that is closest to the cache. I believe it will be pbear23.

This is most direct way to contact the closest person to your Travel bug. I hope it is traveling soon.

GEO.JOE

Did so, thanks! he got my TB on Feb22. However, it has not been logged as in his hands. He told me he would soon. However, it's been almost 3 weeks, what is the standard porcedure on this. I am new to this TB thing.

Shuttle Me Freely TBKFTP

Left in Last Delivery (GCGBGB) 11/19/2005, no logs mention it and several folks have mentioned the TBs are missing from the cache. The cache owner kindly replied to email that he will check, but I'm assuming there is nothing to find and no leads.

No telling how this bug got from London, UK to CT, USA but it is back in circulation! Yay!

GEO.JOE

Did so, thanks! he got my TB on Feb22. However, it has not been logged as in his hands. He told me he would soon. However, it's been almost 3 weeks, what is the standard porcedure on this. I am new to this TB thing.

Send them a friendly email thanking them for picking it up, let them know that you are checking on the status of the TB because they have not logged it yet.

Sometimes life get in the way of good intentions so an Email should git you an answer.

GEO.JOE