Geocache Containers

A few months ago, I was going to hide a cache. Bought a couple of geocaches (similar to these) at the local store. After some testing and checking if they would fit in the hiding place, I used one for the actual cache.

Now - with the Christmas' and New Year's festivities, I found out that this type of geocache containers are actually great for storing food. :unsure:

Do you also have the tendancy to look at store items as potential geocache containers?

We got a whole set of lock-n-locks for christmas. Most were the good square ones that might make their way into nature. A few were the round ones that already found their way to the trash can.

Mmmm might be a stupid question, but what is wrong with the round ones?

A few months ago, I was going to hide a cache. Bought a couple of geocaches (similar to these) at the local store. After some testing and checking if they would fit in the hiding place, I used one for the actual cache.

Now - with the Christmas' and New Year's festivities, I found out that this type of geocache containers are actually great for storing food. :ph34r:

Do you also have the tendancy to look at store items as potential geocache containers?

Yes!

We got a whole set of lock-n-locks for christmas.  Most were the good square ones that might make their way into nature.  A few were the round ones that already found their way to the trash can.

Mmmm might be a stupid question, but what is wrong with the round ones?

The square ones have tabs that fit over little pins and keep a good lock. The round ones have tabs that just snap down over the edge of the lower half. These tend to pop off. They don't even keep a good seal in the fridge, I wouldn't leave one in the woods.

I work at a school district IT dept. We have a safe there that's pretty fire and theft proof, but it is not certified waterproof. I store backup tapes in it. But before I put them in the safe, I put them in an ammo can. After seeing barnacle-encrusted ammo cans with dry contents in cache photos, I'm a believer in ammo cans.

- T of TandS

I am in a major mental dilemma. I got 6 Lock & Locks. I don't need any cache containers right now and these Lock & Locks are tons better than the cheep stuff I am currently using as food storage containers, but I can't bring myself to put food in them just in case I want to use them for caches :D

I think I will go buy 2 more sets :D:D:D