You Know Your A Geocoin Collecting Addict If......

SunshineGang

When you are the SME (subject matter expert) on all coins types and where you can have them made. :P

When you know how many of each coin was traded and who the trades were made too. :lol:

When you open a sentence about new geocoins with "good thing I already have that one in my collection". :D I have be able to do that only a couple of times :unsure: .

And one more thing... When I stay up late in Iraq waiting for a geocoin :blink: to go on sale in the US.

Edited by Cav Scout
Ouch! That one hits the bullseye - time to fix that problem :lol:

T1

Same Here! :D

So, for one of my New Year's resolutions, I vow to cut back on my addiction to GeoCoinage!! :P

My name is Gridlox.

I'm a GeoCoin-a-holic.

It all started with finding the Gateway GeoCoins(USA GEOCOINS) in caches.

Before long, I was buying them a few at a time for my own personal use. Then I got hooked on State Coins. Then I found Personal Geocoins. Then someone started Series sets of coins that got it's hooks into me.

Next thing I knew, I attending meetings with groups of Geocachers, which many are known to be carrying their own private stashes to covet. (Moun10Bikes, GeoBashes, CompassRose, Georgia Peach, ...... :D:) )

I realized I had a problem when my daughter came up wanting her allowance for her chores she done for the week and I gave her an I.O.U. because I had spent it on more Geocoins!!

(Not Really! This Parody Folks! :unsure: )

:blink::)

D-man :D

...you build a shelf to double your display capacity shortly after exceeding the first shelf's capacity and when the 2nd shelf is completed there are more than 2 dozen coins beyond it's capacity sitting on the desk.

you mean like this :D

coindisplay.jpg

I've only made one so far but I have enough cut up, ready to go to build 3 more.

I just haven't had the time lately to put them together.

By the time I get around to it I'll need 2 for personal coins, 2 for state/event coins, 1 for foreign coins and 1 for wooden nickels

...you build a shelf to double your display capacity shortly after exceeding the first shelf's capacity and when the 2nd shelf is completed there are more than 2 dozen coins beyond it's capacity sitting on the desk.

....and then you have to put in new cross beams because the weight of the shelves pulled out all of the drywall.......

Edited by Chaos A.D./aka Arlsdaddy

And when you can look at Night Hawk's picture of his coin shelf and name the coins right off even though you can't read anything on the coin.

I guess I'm ok and not addicted--I can only recognize about 2/3 of them!!!

How about when you make bulk purchases of padded envelopes because a 10 pack doesnt last very long.

When everywhere you go you see a coin collector's avatar.

Our ICE coin group got together a few months ago. I was looking at the menu and I asked everyone at the table who this picture reminded them of and they all in unision yelled out "Blind Avocado"!!! and we all started laughing at how obsessed we were!! :D

Our ICE coin group got together a few months ago. I was looking at the menu and I asked everyone at the table who this picture reminded them of and they all in unision yelled out "Blind Avocado"!!! and we all started laughing at how obsessed we were!!  :D

And I probably never looked so good! :D:D

I hope it wasn't a picture of a bowl of guacamole! :D

Edited by Blind Avocado

Our ICE coin group got together a few months ago. I was looking at the menu and I asked everyone at the table who this picture reminded them of and they all in unision yelled out "Blind Avocado"!!! and we all started laughing at how obsessed we were!!  :lol:

And I probably never looked so good! :lol::lol:

I hope it wasn't a picture of a bowl of guacamole! :)

Actually it was a banana with shades on :)