New Garmin 60c

seastrike

Hello all -Im sure the answer is on this site. I looked at the list of 60CS messages but could not find and now my eyes are buging out from staring at this cpu screen for an hour !

Appreciate your help.

How do I adjust the contrast for the display screen ?

Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year !

Edit: I misspoke (brain fade) - I run my 60CS with the backlight on in the car, but it's also plugged into a charger. I don't normally run it with the backlight on (sorry).

To adjust the screen, press "Page" until you reach the screen with all the little icons. Use the arrow key to navigate to "Setup" (wrench icon). Press Enter. Navigate to "Display". Press Enter. Change the settings to your liking.

The 60CS is very good with batteries (20 hours or so with normal use), so don't be afraid to use the backlight if you need it. To activate the backlight, QUICKLY press power button, then use the arrow keys to adjust the brightness. You can turn the backlight on at any time by QUICKLY pressing the power button (versus pressing and holding it, which turns the unit on and off). It stays on for as long as your setting in the Display screen.

Also, check out Sputnik57's FAQ About Garmin 60 Series - it's a great resource for a new 60CS owner.

Edited by Kai Team

Thanks, but it seems odd that we cant adjust the screen contrast up/down without using backlight function.

All manufacturers are pushing for lower power consumption/longer battery life with each new product.

There has to be another way to adjust screen contrast without using the backlighting. Anyone ???

hhhrrruuummppphhh !

Thanks, but it seems odd that we cant adjust the screen contrast up/down without using backlight function.

All manufacturers are pushing for lower power consumption/longer battery life with each new product.

There has to be another way to adjust screen contrast without using the backlighting. Anyone ???

hhhrrruuummppphhh !

You cannot ajust the contrast level. The only way is to use the backlight. It really ain't much power consumption. If in my car, I use a lighter adapter.