Downloading Gpx Files

Les Nomades

I usualy use PQ for what I'm looking for but I still have a question. When I go to my account and click on "find nearest from home coordinates" we get the listing of all geocaches. We have the option to check and download the ones we want but the download is only in .loc files. Would it be possible to have the option of having them in .GPX files.

Thanks

We'll be adding the ability for you to batch bookmarks together on the results page once we up the number of bookmarks you can have in a list.

You can already add individual caches to your bookmark lists and have them returned to you in a Pocket Query. It does take an additional click to visit the cache page to click on the bookmark button.

Perhaps an intermediary step is just to include a bookmark link on the results page. Hmm...

Of course, what I've been doing in the meantime is grabbing the text of the result page, opening up a new bookmark list, and just pasting the GCxxxx code into the handy field:

d90d1eca-94ce-44de-bbce-102e18ecddf8.jpg

Hit the submit button, and in the meantime go back to the document I've got the text. By the time I highlight the next waypoint and go CTRL-C, the Geocaching.com page for the bookmark has already refreshed, and I can add the next one. I added about 40 caches to a Bookmark list in under 90 seconds yesterday...

I use Netflix quite a bit, and I really like two features of their site:

1. AJAX style popups and

2. The ADD button underneath all the movies.

The QUEUE is the same as our Bookmark Lists except you can create more than one list on the Geocaching.com site. We store the most recent bookmark list as well which allows you to speed add new items to the list.

#1 is harder to implement but #2 is definitely something to look at. Lots of folks are now using the Google Earth Network KML for caches to do things like caches along a route now with a similar feature.

Of course, what I've been doing in the meantime is grabbing the text of the result page, opening up a new bookmark list, and just pasting the GCxxxx code into the handy field:

d90d1eca-94ce-44de-bbce-102e18ecddf8.jpg

Hit the submit button, and in the meantime go back to the document I've got the text.  By the time I highlight the next waypoint and go CTRL-C, the Geocaching.com page for the bookmark has already refreshed, and I can add the next one.  I added about 40 caches to a Bookmark list in under 90 seconds yesterday...

The BIG advantage to this method is that the 100 caches per bookmark list does NOT apply.

I maybe shooting myself in the foot by mentioning this, but I have over 200 caches in one of my bookmark lists.