Feature Request - Adopt A Waymark

I don't see the purpose for having this option. People can only log the waymark once (from what I've heard) and a lot don't even require pictures. There isn't really a good way to prove that they weren't there, and the only reason I can think of for the transfer option is you get bored with going over waymark logs.

I don't see the purpose for having this option. People can only log the waymark once (from what I've heard) and a lot don't even require pictures. There isn't really a good way to prove that they weren't there, and the only reason I can think of for the transfer option is you get bored with going over waymark logs.

Somebody has to be the owner of the waymark so they can archive it when it no longer exists. For example, there was a McD's in town that was turned into a pile of rubble the last time I went by. If it had been waymarked, the owner would now need to archive it since it no longer a McD. I am sure waymarkers will be just as unhappy looking for abondoned waymarks as geocachers are unhappy looking for abondoned geocaches.

Somebody has to be the owner of the waymark so they can archive it when it no longer exists. For example, there was a McD's in town that was turned into a pile of rubble the last time I went by. If it had been waymarked, the owner would now need to archive it since it no longer a McD. I am sure waymarkers will be just as unhappy looking for abondoned waymarks as geocachers are unhappy looking for abondoned geocaches.

Thanks.

If a 'Waymark' becomes obsolete just notify the 'Category' owner and he can pull up - the waymark site - and "Decline Waymark" and therefore effectively remove the 'Waymark'

Sure. I can expect that feature to happen.

Has it happend yet?

I recently found a listing of all the off leash dog parks in Calgary (had no idea such a thing existed). While it wouldn't be appropriate for me to own all of them (for starters I haven't been to all of them), I'd like to geocode them, and list them, and then give them up to the first person who actually visits the site, and can answer all the questions.