Geocoin Collectors Anonymous Meeting

Ladycacher

Hello everybody! I am the Co-Chair of Geowoodstock4 and work along side 9Key and many other while planning this event. We thought what a great idea to have the first Geocoin Collectors Anonymous meeting (that we know of) at GW4 if there is enough interest.

We are still working out details and ideas but here is the short of it for now.

-There will be a meeting where we will trade, buy, drool, etc.

-Of course lots of talk and showing off of the coin collections.

-We will have a quest speaker from a coin company on hand to answer questions, show samples, etc.

-Most important: I am working on a coin just for attending people of this meeting. Only people who attend the meeting will have a shot at this coin.

I also will note that we are not talking about a all day affair here, just maybe 1 hour out of the day or so, like I said, we are still working out details.

If it looks like we will have alot of people in attendence for this, we will have to do reservations of the coins in advance. More on this later if needed.

*Please feel free to give ideas and comments as I have 5 months to prepare for this meeting.*

I'd love to come.

I am trying to get out there for the event anyway.

In fact, if I do, I have a hug for you when I get there! :o

(Actually, it's from your aunt and uncle) I had dinner with them tonight, and they told me to give you a hug if I made it out there!

GAA here I come!

{snif}

I am speechless......

Hope it was a nice dinner.

I'd love to come.

I am trying to get out there for the event anyway.

In fact, if I do, I have a hug for you when I get there! :o

(Actually, it's from your aunt and uncle) I had dinner with them tonight, and they told me to give you a hug if I made it out there!

GAA here I come!

{snif}

I am speechless......

Hope it was a nice dinner.

It was!

And it was great meeting them too!

They were down here for a vacation, and a few of us met them for dinner and stories. We ate and talked, and then talked, and then talked some more! :D

Hi my name is yogi and i have an addiction. Geocoins have ruined my life. No but really i cant wait to attened. See ya'll in texas. And the coin meeting is a great idea do we need to get reservations for the GAA meeting?(GEOCOINS ANONYMOUS)

The only reason I want to do reservations is to make sure I have enough coins to hand out. I also will need to find a slot in the day for one of the pavillions, and knowing how many people will be there will help with what pavillion also.

I also will note that we are not talking about a all day affair here, just maybe 1 hour out of the day or so, like I said, we are still working out details.

You're joking, right? :DB) I would guess that a whole evening would be too short. I would try to have it in a place that is open late, like until 2am or something (and serves good beer). Hey, has anyone ever played "geocoins" I wonder? You know, like the drinking game quarters but with a geocoin? Better not be a New Mexico goecoin, that would probably waste a lot of beer (and beer glasses!) :o

Seriously, any time we get together informally to chat about geocoins, the time just flies by, you should definitely set aside way more than an hour, in my opinion. (We would love to attend, but that is probably unlikely, unfortunately.) Make sure that those who attend are given an extra or two to trade with us who can't make it. :D

--Marky

:D Now this sounds like something a couple of NUTS might enjoy!! I'll have to check into the details - If we can swing it, we'll be at that there meeting for sure!!

I'm with Marky.....an hour isn't even time enough to set all my books out :o I think we'll need at least 1/2 a day or an entire evening....this is going to be FUN!!

Hope to see you all there!!

Mrs Cachu

Darthi Maul from Germany is planning on flying there with up to 4 german cachers. and he's been asking if we could put this event on our schedule so we could meet up. It looks like maybe we'll have to check in to coming now that we may get a coin for showing up too (truly i'm not addicted).

It's looking better though.

P.S. did you hear that Darth Maul found a Capt Prozac coin, number 04, last week in a cache near Ramsfield? Air Force Base in Germany?

Edited by Team CoyChev

I'd love to attend the meeting if I go to GW4, still weighing the pros and cons since it will mean taking 36 hours or vacation time for outdoorman and 2 days unpaid for me since I will most likely not have any available vacation time after I find a new job. Plus a 10 hour drive b/c outdoorman doesn't fly.

I think my main collection would probably have to stay home but my tradeables and personal coins would definitely attend. ;)

Ladycacher, what is typical weather for that time of year, if we do go we are wimbling between tent camping or staying in a hotel.

Ok so after reading your posts....we need to have the meeting in the evening where they for sure serve beer.

I would love to go talk about coins and meet everybody after a hard days caching and activites.

I will do some looking into where there is a place local to the park and easy to get to. I was only thinking 20-30 people would show for this.....I think I may be guessing WAY under.

I was only thinking 20-30 people would show for this.....I think I may be guessing WAY under.

I'd say more like 50-60 easily. Just depends on how many GW4 attendees are into coins.

We had a geocoin trading event cache here in the bay area, just for bay area cachers. With only about 3 weeks notice, we had over 50 people show up. I could easily imagine 100 people showing up (geocoin addicts+families), even if it was only advertised here in the geocoin forums.

--Marky