Letterboxer

Lee-2

Why bother making it a hybrid if you're only going to list it on gc.com? How are letterboxers going to know about it? Your going through extra effort in making a cache and then excluding the group of people who might enjoy what you've done the most?

I guess letterboxers who are aware that we have these hybrid caches can check here periodically. But I agree, to get the most exposure for the letterbox side of your hybrid, it's a good idea to cross liste it on a letterboxing site. Ideally with the coordiantes on the GC.COM side and letterbox style clues on the letterboxing website.

The big difference that we are dealing with is that these are two hobbies appeal to different people. While they both have the same general purpose (finding secret things in pretty places) letterboxing appeals to the more artsy creative type, and geocaching is for those that are mathematical/techie.

I love to see hand made stamps. And I expect to find hand made stamps in the letterboxes I search for. That goes for the vast majority of letterboxers out there. This being because letterboxing pairs creativity with finding crap in the woods.

For your personal stamp, I don't really mind either way. Your personal signature stamp is a reflection of you and it's up to you to decide how best to express that. Whether through a manufactured stamp or the home grown variety.

I guess since we are listing the letterbox hybrid cache on geocaching.com and not letterboxing.org, then as far as I'm concerned, it's not a big deal and I couldn't care less

Why bother making it a hybrid if you're only going to list it on gc.com? How are letterboxers going to know about it? Your going through extra effort in making a cache and then excluding the group of people who might enjoy what you've done the most?

(ps. That's my old signature stamp in my avatar)

I agree with the first part of what you said. But not necessarily the second part. I'm not into letterboxing, but I am into geocaching. I hid my letterbox hybrid because it was a different type of geocache (that just happens to also fit the requirements of a letterbox -- I think) that wasn't in our area. It was to provide variety to the other geocachers out there that wasn't here previously. I don't do letterboxing (per letterboxing.org) and I don't care if my geocache isn't listed on their site. I don't have any objection to it being there, but I don't feel particularly moved to put it there, either. It's a geocache first, with letterboxing qualities.

VERY cool stamp, by the way! :laughing: