Coin Icons

WYlostinMA

He offered it to be used with no strings attached. I guess USA geocoins choose to use the other one for some unknown reason. Maybe they will change it since it doesn't seem like anyone likes the one they have and it wouldn't cost them anything to go with the one everyone seems to like. I won't hold my breath since it took forever to even get this ugly one there. They were the last to commit to the icon.

Yime's  icon is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better than the ugly one which is up now.

Even when keeping in mind that everyone has a different taste.

The one Yime made has my vote.

Maybe TPTB can change it asap  :unsure:

I agree! Maybe they would listen if we did a survey... 99% say....

YIME'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

Bambi.

Thanks folks, for all the positive responses to a simple 'ol icon! Flattery!

A while back, we were all kind of "pulling" for something to identify the USA coins, and that's when I came up with that as a suggestion. However, now that they've come up with an official icon, I think the respectful thing to do is to withdraw my suggestion so as not to offend their efforts.

If y'all really like my icon though...maybe I'll look into producing the first coin that started with an icon!

Oh, and since a lot of ideas get "borrowed" from these forums, I hereby officially reclaim the design. :unsure:

However, now that they've come up with an official icon, I think the respectful thing to do is to withdraw my suggestion so as not to offend their efforts.

I agree. And even if there's a poll here that says TPTB should change it, as long as Eric K and the others involved in the USA geocoin want the current icon, it won't change unless Eric K asks it to change.

That being said, that might be a fun coin design, YemonYime... I'd be in for 1 or 2. :unsure:

Yime's icon is much nicer than the current icon. If Yime doesn't make a coin maybe we should flood USA geocoins with emails that only have a picture of the icon. They would get the hint...

Honestly, that's what I'm asking everyone to avoid now. USA coins has been around for a long time, and just about everyone has one of their coins. They do a good job!

I really appreciate how much everyone likes my icon, so how about I'll try to make it available through a new coin?

Hey, think of it as another coin to feed the addiction! :unsure:

He offered it to be used with no strings attached. I guess USA geocoins choose to use the other one for some unknown reason. Maybe they will change it since it doesn't seem like anyone likes the one they have and it wouldn't cost them anything to go with the one everyone seems to like. I won't hold my breath since it took forever to even get this ugly one there. They were the last to commit to the icon.

Your information is incorrect.

I run the USA Geocoin site and have never seen the other Icon.

I don't mind discussion about us or our site as long as the information is correct.

We submitted a few designs to Groundspeak and used the one they approved.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Eric K
Thanks folks, for all the positive responses to a simple 'ol icon! Flattery!

A while back, we were all kind of "pulling" for something to identify the USA coins, and that's when I came up with that as a suggestion. However, now that they've come up with an official icon, I think the respectful thing to do is to withdraw my suggestion so as not to offend their efforts.

If y'all really like my icon though...maybe I'll look into producing the first coin that started with an icon!

Oh, and since a lot of ideas get "borrowed" from these forums, I hereby officially reclaim the design. :unsure:

Yime:

I really do like your design. However for now we will keep the one we are using.

If you sent me that icon I'm sorry to say we never recieved it or it got lost in an e-mail.

We would have definetly submitted it as one for approval.

For now we will keep the one that we have. I wouldn't want to change it at this time as that would just open up a new thread of people wanting the other icon. :blink:

Eric,

By all means, don't change anything. But for the sake of clarification, it wasn't ME asking for any changes in the first place.

Forum regulars will recall that my icon design was posted in an idea thread a while back as an open possibility for the USA Coins. At the time, there was no icon, and people simply wanted to see one...so I obliged. No harm or criticism was ever intended.

You have since answered collectors' desire to have an icon for their USA Coins, and I'm happy to see that that request was granted. Thank you!

My design is apparently likeable, so I'll look into persuing my own project with it.

Thanks!

Yime

Eric,

By all means, don't change anything. But for the sake of clarification, it wasn't ME asking for any changes in the first place.

Forum regulars will recall that my icon design was posted in an idea thread a while back as an open possibility for the USA Coins. At the time, there was no icon, and people simply wanted to see one...so I obliged. No harm or criticism was ever intended.

You have since answered collectors' desire to have an icon for their USA Coins, and I'm happy to see that that request was granted. Thank you!

My design is apparently likeable, so I'll look into persuing my own project with it.

Thanks!

Yime

No problem Yime.

For what it's worth Yime and I have discussed this in private e-mails and there are no hard feelings between us or anything like that.

I like the work he has done and Yime and I have no issues with each other at all.

Thank Yime for responding to me about this and clearing things up for everyone.

Eric

Could someone / would someone set up a survey. Yimes design flows and does justice to a USA icon. I vote Yimes (with or without the ring). eyeinthesky

Don't fret, work is well underway on a NEW coin that will bring this very icon to a stats page near you! :laughing: Thanks again for all the positive responses!

Could someone / would someone set up a survey.  Yimes design flows and does justice to a USA icon.  I vote Yimes (with or without the ring).  eyeinthesky

No need for a poll.

Erik K runs USA coins and has already made his decision.

Nothing to see here.....move along.

People just don't give up. :laughing:

Yikes! yikes.gif

I was searching around to see what new Icons Geocoins are coming out

that I didnt buy or missed....... Im sure there's alot more I dont know about

Here is a few that I think will have a new Icon. (dont qoute me on that)

1. Anthus
  2. Volunteer
  3. National parks
  4. Sweet Lake Night caching event
  5. China
  6. Blue Bonnet
  7. Jumping jeepers
  8. Fraher Family
  9. Parents of sam
  10. Foot Trax
  11. Cat
  12. Phone a freind
  13. Brawny Bear
  14. Psyco Chicken
  15. Team Desert Eagle
  16. Tacoma Hunters
  17. Skirt Lifters
  18. Blodlizrd
  19. Puzzle coin
  20. Logger Head <-----just popped up while typing the list :o

Good luck webscouter :o

Yikes! yikes.gif

Here is a few that I think will have a new Icon. (dont qoute me on that)

1. Anthus
  2. Volunteer
  3. National parks
  4. Sweet Lake Night caching event
  5. China
  6. Blue Bonnet
  7. Jumping jeepers
  8. Fraher Family
  9. Parents of sam
  10. Foot Trax
  11. Cat
  12. Phone a freind
  13. Brawny Bear
  14. Psyco Chicken
  15. Team Desert Eagle
  16. Tacoma Hunters
  17. Skirt Lifters
  18. Blodlizrd
  19. Puzzle coin
  20. Logger Head <-----just popped up while typing the list :wacko:

Good luck webscouter :lol:

Our new coin also has an icon. We got it in our e-mail today and will post it in our forum later today.

"Deep In The Heart of Texas"

The icon is the front of the coin. (A Red, White, and Blue cut out of Texas)

Thanks

Yikes! yikes.gif

Good luck webscouter ;)

Whenever I started collecting geocoins, I had the idea that I simply wanted to get one of each coin that had a unique icon. At the time, that seemed like an attainable and relatively inexpensive goal. The more I surf around, the more I think that even trying to do that is going to be a huge challenge. Check out this page that's sure to continue to grow: :)

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/unclekrud/geocoins.html