Updating Etrex Software

jtermini30

I have tried several times to update my etrex software using the web updater software from Garmin without success. The software recognizes the GPS and its operations system, downloads then fails to load it in and says "The Garmin device is not responding. Please check one of the following. 1. the interface cable is connected and the unit is in host mode, 2. the cable is connected to the correct port and 3. The garmin device is turned on"

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestings?

JST

I have tried several times to update my etrex software using the web updater software from Garmin without success.  The software recognizes the GPS and its operations system, downloads then fails to load it in and says "The Garmin device is not responding.  Please check one of the following.  1.  the interface cable is connected and the unit is in  host mode, 2.  the cable is connected to the correct port and 3.  The garmin device is turned on"

What am I doing wrong?  Any suggestings?

JST

Forget the web updater...try and download your units software and do it manually. I hate the web updater garbage. It causes more trouble than it's worth.

Forget the web updater...try and download your units software and do it manually. I hate the web updater garbage. It causes more trouble than it's worth.

What he said. I spent a good hour plus trying to get the Web Updater to work before I finally got disgusted and just downloaded the software manually. After that it took mebbe 5 mins to get my Legend C updated. Web Updater is just not worth the time invested to get it to work correctly, IMO.

Rich;)