Coin Albums?

WYlostinMA

I got the binders and pages at Staples. 3" binders are best. Also go for the trading card sheets. They will hold just about any size coin easily and you won't have to worry about having so many per page that it makes it hard to turn the pages without losing stuff.

I was using that with craft foam cut to hold the coin in place (used black foam and it looks really nice) but the coins still slip out, particularly the odd shaped coins like GOWT, Screw, and Germany. New York slipped out a bit too since the edge isn't flat, but curved/beveled.

Went to a coin shop and got the 2.5x2.5 pages (12 coins per page) and flips to hold the coins in the pocket. Went with the plastic flips vs the cardboard ones so they can be taken out. The flips are a lot like the ones most coins are coming in but has 2 pockets vs 1. This seems to be working out okay, but I really miss the look of the black foam surrounding each coin. :laughing:

Went to a coin shop and got the 2.5x2.5 pages (12 coins per page) and flips to hold the coins in the pocket.  Went with the plastic flips vs the cardboard ones so they can be taken out.  The flips are a lot like the ones most coins are coming in but has 2 pockets vs 1.  This seems to be working out okay, but I really miss the look of the black foam surrounding each coin.  ;)

I do the same thing that robert does with the 2 1/2" square flips in the 12 coins per page pocket pages. I've got about 120 to 130 coins in a fairly heavy duty zippered album. I really like it because I can pull the coins out and actually touch them. They're not all sealed away for looking only. :laughing:

I use the Deluxe Albums from the Caching Place.

If you have a coin shop in you area and you need pages you should be able to pick some up. That is if the Deluxe Album you have are the brown ones.

I get most of my albums fron our coin shop and all the different sizes of paged for the coins. I like them because that do not flip around and are very sturdy pages.

Richard

We use the standard 5 Star but the rings tend to bend after awhile so we might be switching to these  Dansco Albums.

This is the ones I have been using and am very happy with them.

Richard

One of my three 5-stars is a little bent on one of the rings, but I think that's because I had 20 pages of coins in the binder, lol! I have now downsized the amount of pages to 11 in each and have 3 binders. I'll soon need a 4th.

I checked with 2 coin stores near us and neither had the size flips and album pages I wanted. I found JP's Coin Supplies online. They had a large selection of both flips and Air-Tite supplies. I checked out The Caching Place and they have supplies specifically for geocoins if you want to go the Air-Tite way.

Yep, I get my pages and flips from JP's Corner, www.jpscorner.com. Moun10Bike actually recommended them to me. I've copied my order info below so you can see the costs and item numbers, if you're interested.

> Item Ref. Price Qty. Description

> ___________________________________________________________

> 3R1225 $12.00 2 Vinyl Page 12 Pocket *25 ct* - pages (24 cents/page)

>

> L2x2C002 $3.50 3 2.5x2.5 *100 ct* 2in Window - flips