Okie Pinokie Challenge

GerbilMafia

******ATTENTION LOCAL CACHING TEAMS STAY TUNED TO THIS LISTING FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT. AFTER RECEIVING GOOD FEEDBACK ON THIS CACHE AND INTENSIVE RESEARCH ON THE AREA THE GM HAS DECIDED TO HOST A CHALLENGE AT THE OKIE TO ALL WHO DARE IN SPRING 2006 -THE BLACK ROCK PROJECT- . THE CHALLENGE IS GOING TO BE SCHELDULED AS THE WINTER WINDS FADE AWAY AND SPIRTS ROAM FREE THROUGH THE WARM NIGHT AIR. THIS CHALLENGE WILL NOT BE FOR THE FAINT OF HEARTS, THERE WILL BE SEVERAL STAGES AND YOU WILL BE HUMPING. CACHING TEAMS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING SOMEONE NEW AND EXPOSE THEM TO OUR SPORT. THE FIRST TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE WILL RECIEVE A NEW GPS UNIT, THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF OTHER COOL SWAG FOR THOSE WHO COMPLETE THE MISSION. AS THIS EVENT DEVELOPES, UPDATES WILL BE POSTED HERE.****************

If you are interested in participating please add the following cache listing to your watch list or contact us via email so we can get an idea of how many people to expect. We will attempt to keep this thread going and post specifics as the time draws near.

[OKIE

QUOTE (GerbilMafia @ Dec 30 2005, 05:42 AM)

Event or Gathering? I guess you could call it a little of both. We definitely wanna meet some other teams but the challenge itself is going to be quite an event. 

I think S is asking if you are going to publish it on GC.com as an event cache.

I'm not sure....didn't think about that......yes probably so.

QUOTE (GerbilMafia @ Dec 30 2005, 05:42 AM)

Event or Gathering? I guess you could call it a little of both. We definitely wanna meet some other teams but the challenge itself is going to be quite an event. 

I think S is asking if you are going to publish it on GC.com as an event cache.

I'm not sure....didn't think about that......yes probably so.

If you do, be sure you read the guidelines for an event cache and comply with them...

You will probably have to schedule a breakfast meet and greet at a local eatery as part of the event, or a picnic lunch or something, as event cacahes won't be approved just for group hunts for a cache...

Edited by SixDogTeam
too bad peru don't have noware to eat good.have to goto Kokomo for that

Place called Havey Hinklemier's is pretty darn good. That is were we usually load up on grub before caching in that area.

Yea i ate there before with my daughters softball team last memorial day when that had a softball tourney in peru.and the food was not bad at all. heck that might be a good place to meet up at.

All those who want to attend this hunt can certainely meet at Harvey's if they want to. I won't be there because some of the things we have planned for the hunt will require some last minute set ups so I will be at the cache site. If enough people want to get a full belly before the hunt I will post Harvey's as an alternate meeting place when the date is set. The date by the way is still open, we would like to do it sometime in May. Does anyone have any preferences?

As a member of the BRP (GM) I can't wait for this challenge. Unfortunately, I will not be participating as I will be assisting in the set-up. I just wanted to put this out there, I believe the are a lot of cachers out there that haven't ventured into the forums yet, like me for instance. We need your help at spreading the word to any fellow cachers you are in contact with to bring as many people to this challenge as possible. The more cachers the bigger the challenge. BRP, Proud to be! :)

BRP = The Black Rock Project. That’s what we call ourselves. I could tell you why we use that name but I would have to kill you (that was just a joke for you over sensitive moderators out there). We're basically just a bunch of guys who are committed to friendship and having a good time and getting away from the wife's from time to time. We’re a brotherhood, a fraternity if you will. Geocaching is just one of the many things we enjoy doing.

You aint scaaarred is you?

Wait one minute, did you just call me scaaarred? Oh, dear lord, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to break out my can of whoop a** on you, my little gerbil friend. Hey, I'll do it in the cold, but if I break out an unprecedented rare exotic case of the pnemonia (sp?), I'm... well... gonna have pnemonia. How about at least march so that maybe it'll be um, like 45 degrees instead of 25. How bout that?

Yeah I said it. It's a common misconception that cold temperatures cause people to get sick. You are actually less likely to get sick in the cold. Not to mention beer stays cold in backpacks in January....an added bonus. Anyway, March is fine with me, that's usually when it snows around here doesn't it??????

Starting to sound like a cat fight. Two members of the rodent family ought to be able to get along better than that. EB they make these things that will help keep you warm in the cold.........it's called a coat (combined with your favorite refreshing beverage). Oh and there will be no excuses for not finding this one, what with the owners being with you. Is yo best friend Eberfam still going? :D

:P Sounds like the chatter here is kind of dying down. Has anyone passed this along verbally to their caching cohorts? Looking to see how much interest there is here. I know of several who are planning on coming that don't post on forums yet. Hopefully you all are doing the same. BRP Represent!

:P Emergency blow.....full rise!!!

UPDATE

We went out to the OKIE yesterday to do some work on the challenge. Right now the plan is to turn this whole cache into a Puzzle / Multi begining with the challenge, pending approval of coarse. Contact is being made with our local reviewer. Anyway, it looks like there will be 6 total stages covering somewhere between 5 and 8 miles depending on which route you choose. I don't think anyone planning on attending will be disappointed. A date has not been selected yet but it will be sometime this spring. May 6th has already been ruled out due to another event. You may want to bring a lunch...............................

On a side note we saw a bald eagle souring above the river at the circle parking area while we were there yesterday.