Help Downloading Waypoints

TheChappies

I have not done this in a while, but it used to work. I am clicking on the LOC Waypoint and sending the coords to easy gps, but when I click send to device in easy gps nothing happens. I am plugged in, but for some reason the waypoints aren't trasferring. Please help I am going on a vacation and I am trying to do some caching while there.

Thanks

Gonna need to know a bit more info. What is different about the two locales? For instance, are you using different PC's to do your downloads and then transfers to the GPS? If so, then the one in Texas may not have EayGPS set at the right COM port or BAUD rate. You have to tell EasyGPS what COM port (assuming you are on a serial vs USB connection) you are connecting the GPS to the PC with. You also have to be sure the BAUD rate setting in EasyGPS matches that set inb your GPS.

I still can't figure it out, I can download any waypoint near my home, but when I try from another area it won't download to the gps. Is it because it is so far away from my home?

Thanks

That should, as far as I know, have nothing to do with it - data is data. Could it be you have maxed out the amount of waypoints your GPS can hold? My ST Map can only hold 500 (only 200 of those can have the descriptions). If you have maxed out, you will have to download them frm the GPS (if you want to save them) and then clear them from the GPS before you can upload any more.

Other than that, someone with more experience with your particular GPS and/or EasyGPS will have to help you. I switched from EasyGPS to GSAK a long time ago.

Well, not knowing what GPSr you're using, I can only guess. In my Garmin Quest I have to select specific areas of the country I want data for, and download those maps into the unit memory. Could it be something related to you not having Texas data loaded, so it doesn't know Texas zipcodes yet?

You shouldn't have to physically go there before using location data from an area. Am I correct in assuming your Legend has limited memory, and there's some PC/Mac-based software that has the entire map set, and you select specific areas and download them into the GPSr for use?

Okay, the Legend C is a Garmin product. I just downloaded the user's manual and gave it a brief going-over. The first thing I note is any feature that requires zip/postal codes or road intersections requires you have the MapSource map for that area loaded into your Legend. I don't know the first thing about EasyGPS, but I'm guessing that if you don't have the MapSource data for the Texas location loaded, nothing that needs access to that area's zip code is going to work.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers!