Explorist And Easygps

Team Zubat

Let me apologize up front, because I'm sure this has been asked elsewhere. However, since the forum search function currently isn't working, I'm at a bit of a standstill....

Question is- is there an easy way to upload from EasyGPS to my eXplorist 210. The eXplorist is not on the list of supported units, and trying the other Magellan configurations doesn't work because I can't find one that is USB capable on that list. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Though comments to the effect of, "use GSAK" are not considered help- I'd download it right now if I could).

~Justin

There isn't a way to use the current version of EasyGPS with the eXplorist. This was discussed in a brief thread yesterday or the day before. I thought the 210 shipped with a CD that has the Magellan Geocache Manager on it. Have you tried that program? You said not to reply with "Use GSAK." Since you said you'd download GSAK right now if you could, it sounds like downloading the free GPSBabel isn't an option for you at the moment either.

Edited by geognerd
There isn't a way to use the current version of EasyGPS with the eXplorist.  This was discussed in a brief thread yesterday or the day before.  I thought the 210 shipped with a CD that has the Magellan Geocache Manager on it.  Have you tried that program?  You said not to reply with "Use GSAK."  Since you said you'd download GSAK right now if you could, it sounds like downloading the free GPSBabel isn't an option for you at the moment either.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know! Magellan Geocache manager does ship with the eXplorist, but it doesn't seem to want to play nice with benchmark *.loc files. I'd had a little success converting the Benchmark files with GPS Babel, then manually transfering them to the eXplorist, but it's a bit unwieldy and doesn't work exactly right.

I'll probably end up downloading GSAK once I'm able to get to my home computer... I'm just trying to make everything work with what I currently have here at the office.

I highly recommend GSAK. It is all that you need and is better than the alternatives. Remember, transferring waypoints to the Explorists is different than other GPSrs, including the Meridians. There is no "active" memory that you load waypoints into. You are always creating a file of waypoints and transferring that file to the internal or SD card memory. You then can make this file active, so that its waypoints show on the map screen. GSAK will allow you to create both waypoint and geocache files.