Wildlife

tands

Ok dudes and dudettes, who's up for the attempt on the evil WILDLIFE?

Team Tigerz are incommunicado right now but will be back in touch soon.

A late January assault is our intention.

We are especially interested in cachers who own trained hippos who can tow a raft into the cache location.

- T of TandS

We are especially interested in cachers who own trained hippos who can tow a raft into the cache location.

- T of TandS

Ooooh Oooooh Oooooh - I wanna watch!!!!! :D

Let me know when you go, I'll be glad to stop by for a bit.

But as mentioned in the other thread, Im not going back in again! B):D

Edited by medic208

jamrasc, the depth of the water depends on how good you are at finding the best way in to the cache. as i said in the description, i placed it wearing hip boots and stayed dry. choose poorly, and indeed you could be swimming!

Reepicheep, sorry about the all caps. i was unaware until recently that all caps are considered shouting in internet communication. i've taken care of that now.

to all: this cache IS physically challenging. the "as the crow flies" route may not be best. study all the data available to you before trying this cache. good luck.

-harry

- T of TandS

Ooooh Oooooh Oooooh - I wanna watch!!!!! :wub:

Let me know when you go, I'll be glad to stop by for a bit.

But as mentioned in the other thread, Im not going back in again! :):laughing:

Hey Medic-any chance you could arrange to borrow the medivac chopper for the afternoon? That would be the best way for us to watch this adventure. :wub:

I'll bring the cocoa if they are foolish enough for doing this in January. ;)

BTW, I got neck deep and I'm 5'10"tall. But I think I made a wrong turn or three. ;)

Hey Medic-any chance you could arrange to borrow the medivac chopper for the afternoon? That would be the best way for us to watch this adventure. :laughing:

Yup... it's already been arranged ;) Want me to pick you up?

I've already added the hoist. I figure we will need that when we have to lift them out when they fall through the floating "waterbed" :):wub:

- T of TandS

We're back in town (almost) ... well ... at least we're back in the country! Have you got that information you can send me tands?

Now, about this hippo stuff?? How did you know we came off the ship as cargo?? :lol:

I may be new to cacheing, but I spend my free time in the swamps looking for carnivorous plants and reptiles. In fact, I spent this last weekend in the Green Swamp.

Seeing how you have voodoo in your name I am going to be nice and pray you do not construct a doll of me to stick pens in.

If you want another fun less muddy type 5/5 I highly recommend "Deliverance"

congrats to team tigerz, bushwhack bob, and bilwolf on being the third team to find WILDLIFE.  had a great time watching through binoculars while they navigated the swamps.  come on now, who's next?  -harry

This was a great adventure ... will go down as one of our alltime favorites. Kay didn't make the trip yesterday, but commented last night that our DNF last February is one of her favorite caching experiences. Harry was a great host. He watched with amusement as we made a misstep to start the day. He was always positive and encouraging and made sloshing through a swamp fun. Once again ... thanks Harry!

Edited by Team Tigerz