Is Your Ghost/swags Margarita Coin Tarnished?

SCP-173

I've heard that scalloped edges, like on the GHOST margarita coin, will tarnish over time when exposed to the air. I was kind of paranoid about that, so my margarita coin was put into an air tight case and has never been taken out. This makes it hard to put in my binder, since it has to go into one of the extra large pages.

Are the edges of anyone elses coin starting to tarnish? Am I just over reacting? :D

Mine is fine, and it isn't in an airtite.

Over time, all of the .999 silver coins will tarnish as well. Quicker if they are handled a lot.

Do you remember that old commercial they used to show with that tarnish remover? I cant' remember exactly what it was called, but I remember as a kid, I used to see it all the time. They would dip in a tarnished silver coin, and voila!, the tarnish was gone! :D

My two are still nice and shiny on the cut edges.

Personally I drink my margaritas out of a sippy-cup to avoid spilling on them when I flash my SWAGS bling-bling. But after a few too many margaritas I tend to start flashing everyone while I wear my Utilikilts anyway.

Well anyway my coin edges are doing just fine.

My two are still nice and shiny on the cut edges.

Personally I drink my margaritas out of a sippy-cup to avoid spilling on them when I flash my SWAGS bling-bling. But after a few too many margaritas I tend to start flashing everyone while I wear my Utilikilts anyway.

Well anyway my coin edges are doing just fine.

:D

Do you remember that old commercial they used to show with that tarnish remover? I cant' remember exactly what it was called, but I remember as a kid, I used to see it all the time. They would dip in a tarnished silver coin, and voila!, the tarnish was gone!  :D

Ummm....Tarn-X

Please!!!!

Do not use this or any similar products on U.S. silver coins.

Doing so will destroy 50% or more of its value.

Tarn-X is a corrosive and will eat away a layer of metal off the coin. While this makes them look nice and shiny collectors shun them as "defective"

If you plan on keeping your geocoin forever then by all means clean away, just beware that the cleaning may cause even more tarnish down the road.

If you plan on using them for trading I say leave them alone and let the new owners choose.