Trailerpark Geocachers Meet Bigfoot

Zartimus

I've downloaded the movie and finally got it extracted... haven't watched it yet. A friend is coming over, and I figured we could watch it together. Ok, I watched the first couple of minutes, and was already laughing.

Thing is.. I really didn't like the procedure of trying to watch the movie. I haven't used WinRAR before, so I had to download it and figure out which buttons to push. No, it's not the end of the world, but in the age of the internet when I can click on a link and watch a movie, it was frustrating to have to download six files and then figure out how to use a new program before I could watch.

Just offering my feedback.

Will post my thoughts of the movie when I sit down to watch the whole thing. My non-geocaching friend should be thoroughly confused.

Jamie

I'll post a whole link right now. The only reason I RAR'ed it was because last time some users had trouble grabbing a 200MB file at once. Bite sized chunks seemed safer. I also thought it might help bandwidth the last time I released a movie and tons O people DL'd it at once, but that was only the first two days. Demand trickles off quickly after that.

Point taken though, I don't have any such probs grabbing a big file like that, (looks like most people don't), so I'll put the full thing up there and give people the choice.

But man, who doesn't use WINRAR? I use WINRAR every day<grin>..

Here's a direct link.

Link to whole 200 MB video file

Thanks fer watchin!<grin>. And thanks for the feedback.. On second though, I'd probably be saying the same thing!

Edited by Zartimus

ME!

At my office, a temp just about melted down our main computer because she did not know what she was doing. She installed it and was creating backups without knowing it and our HD space on the main drive dropped to about 110 MB of empty space. I got on it one day and wondered why it was moving slow... duh!

I loved the preview of the movie! :D

I cannot wait to get it downloaded at home tonight. :D

ME!

At my office, a temp just about melted down our main computer because she did not know what she was doing. She installed it and was creating backups without knowing it and our HD space on the main drive dropped to about 110 MB of empty space. I got on it one day and wondered why it was moving slow... duh!

I loved the preview of the movie! :D

I cannot wait to get it downloaded at home tonight. :D

Glad you guys liked it. As JamieZ alluded to, non-geocachers (like my in-laws) become pretty confused even though the film attempts to quickly explain geocaching somewhat. And the gratuitous in-jokes (if anyone catches them) are only ones a geocacher could get.

RE: WINRAR

Until we get our version of the shadow copy thing working on our network drives, I use WINRAR to backup data and my code changes (just before I'm about to add a feature that could turn out to be something stupid and devestating), on all our small access databases.

It's saved my bacon.

Zart,

Actually, I was quite surprised that you included a brief introduction of geocaching. Good addition. I caught a handful of inside jokes, too. Surely some I missed. Had me laughing quite a few times.

One annoyance--I'm not sure if all the bleeping was added to be funny, and indeed a few times the extended cursing was rather amusing, but in the regular dialog, I had trouble catching a few lines because of the repeated bleeps.

But I'm not a movie writer. Most of the rest had me laughing pretty good. The special effects were especially good. Someone has been practicing! And I love Crazy Credits. Great job with the film. Maybe next time I can be in it doing a motorcycle stunt!

Jamie

One annoyance--I'm not sure if all the bleeping was added to be funny, and indeed a few times the extended cursing was rather amusing, but in the regular dialog, I had trouble catching a few lines because of the repeated bleeps.

RE: Motercycle stunt - Always good to know what resources and personel are avaliable to do god knows what. As long as nobody gets killed. We don't have a stunt-coordinator, just me, and I don't know what I'm doing. I just know what I can and can't do, and what others probably shouldn't do<grin>..

RE: the bleeps

If you've ever had the pleasure of catching the

Trailerpark Boys on TV (or soon on the big screen) you'll probably agree that the colourful profanity adds to the dialog quite a bit. In Canada, it airs uncensored and it is hillarious. I've seen clips censored and it is not as funny. On the other hand, the first time I saw Ozzy doing his Osbournes thing censored, every beep was hillarious. When I caught it late at night uncensored, it was suddenly not as funny when I heard the real swear words (I had gotten to like the beeps).

So it's a weird thing. I bleep the cuss words out so it's fit for public consumption. Next time I'll keep an uncensored track on hand. It is actualy a pain to bleep out a swear word. I've never checked how the professionals do it, but I find I have to cut a little triangle in the offending dialog track and position the stock 'bleep' over that. Otherwise, you just end up hearing the swear word and the bleep at the same time.

I know the parts you're referring to. It happens when two guys swear in succesion or close to the same time. The other dialog gets clobbered.

Hey, you could be a movie writer. Just print some business cards and go do it! I'm currently working out the 10 bad films everyone has in them before they start to get good! Two down, 8 to go!!!

Cheers!

Outrageous, and very entertaining! :wub:

How much did TC pay for the plug? :angry::antenna:

It caught me off guard when I saw the Today's Cacher magazine. It looked well read or either they had been rolling it up and swatting flies with it. :mad:

I'll have to send them a Today's Cacher T-shirt to wear for the next episode.

El Diablo

It caught me off guard when I saw the Today's Cacher magazine. It looked well read or either they had been rolling it up and swatting flies with it. ;)

You must not have been paying close attention when the one guy was trying to wipe the Bigfoot poopie off his boot. :laughing:

Well as long as it went to good use and they weren't beating the monkey with it. :)

El Diablo

I think I can confidently speak for many geocachers when I say that, if it's time to spank a monkey, Today's Cacher is nowhere on the list of magazines to be considered for the task.

So, rest easy. I am sure that your publication did not contribute to any of the horrific monkey abuse we witnessed in the video.

ROFLMAO!!

El Diablo

Outrageous, and very entertaining! ;)

How much did TC pay for the plug? ;);)

That was a free plug man, I love that website! I ordered my printed mag ASAP when it first came out (that was issue one in the movie).

An early draft had Bigfoot heeding the call of nature out in the bushes and reading Today's cacher, but it got cut. Had to get it in there somewhere..

:lol: Thats funny stuff, thanks for posting the link! ... I dig the monkey, hahaha. :blink:

And not trying to get OT but where in the world did he get that magazine, Todays Cacher? Is there really a magazine about caching or did they just make that for the video to be funny? Just thought it was cool. :unsure:

:(  Thats funny stuff, thanks for posting the link! ... I dig the monkey, hahaha.  :P

And not trying to get OT but where in the world did he get that magazine, Todays Cacher? Is there really a magazine about caching or did they just make that for the video to be funny? Just thought it was cool.  :ph34r:

Actual printed mag, Check it out:

http://www.todayscacher.com/

El Diablo can tell you more. That was the first printed issue, I sent away for it., very cool.. I did another video cache called The Voorhees cache and at one point it needed a magazine prop and at the time I was just going to fake a paper geocaching mag by printing the Today's cacher home page and sticking it on some other mag. This was much better though(and that scene in Voorhees got cut).

Edited by Zartimus

Cool, thanks for the link. :ph34r: No subscription ? bummer. ;)

I think I can confidently speak for many geocachers when I say that, if it's time to spank a monkey, Today's Cacher is nowhere on the list of magazines to be considered for the task.

So, rest easy. I am sure that your publication did not contribute to any of the horrific monkey abuse we witnessed in the video.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :(:P