Post Gc Related Quotes

GeoBlank

While shopping online for geocaching branded items I ran into these 2 quotes...

"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things." Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

"Not all those that wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

I thought it might be fun to post other real quotes that relate to caching. I have also seen some very good Bible verses that one could relate to the sport of caching but do not recall them off the top of my head.

(Of course this may have been done already but without being able to search the forums I could not check... :rolleyes: )

I have also seen some very good Bible verses that one could relate to the sport of caching but do not recall them off the top of my head.

I think "Seek and ye shall find" is a bible one, isn't it?

and treasure buried in a field

Hmmmmm...that sounds familiar :rolleyes:

I have a couple shirts in my shop with some quotes on them...they're not really about geocaching, but I think they relate to the spirit of the game well:

"Adventure is worthwhile itself."--Amelia Earhart

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."--Helen Keller

Bret

Yeah, but she DNF'd the airport on her last trip. I think I'll avoid that shirt, for the same reason that I didn't buy "Amelia Earhart" brand luggage... I don't want my luggage to get lost.

Now, the Helen Keller quote I can relate to. I am often comparing myself to her when I am the last person in the group to see the cache.

"Not all those that wander are lost."  J.R.R. Tolkien

Hmmm... that looks familiar :rolleyes:

One of the best I've seen was here in the forums, somebody's sig was something to the effect of "I use multi-billion dollar military satellite technology to find tupperware in the woods. And you?"

Edited by wandererrob

Yeah, but she DNF'd the airport on her last trip. I think I'll avoid that shirt, for the same reason that I didn't buy "Amelia Earhart" brand luggage... I don't want my luggage to get lost.

Now, the Helen Keller quote I can relate to. I am often comparing myself to her when I am the last person in the group to see the cache.

There's a better reason for you to avoid the shirts...they're in the women's department...I'm afraid you just wouldn't look good in a Jr. Spaghetti Tank-top, Dave.

Bret

There's a better reason for you to avoid the shirts...they're in the women's department...I'm afraid you just wouldn't look good in a Jr. Spaghetti Tank-top, Dave.

Bret

hey now!

perhaps there are those of us who think he WOULD!!!!

:rolleyes:

"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things." Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

"Not all those that wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

I have both of those buttons on my geopack! :rolleyes:

Here's another " Grown men like to go geocaching in the woods because it reminds them of the times that they played games in the woods when they were little boys!"

my wife-shadowgal :)

When bush whacking and the black berries are in full growth...

From this day to the ending of the world, we shall be remembered.

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

We are band of brothers.

William Shakespeare's Henry V; Act IV, Scene 3