Geocaching Blogs Or Personal Websites?

Just to let you know I've posted my initial review of blogs. My homepage can be found on my profile. Please let me know if there are others you'd like to see added! :huh:

"a neat and tidy blog" hmmmm... this is the best review I have ever gotten :rolleyes:

I use to update more back in '05 when this thread started... but after 3 years I'm proud of myself for keeping it updated at all.

hi there, we just started a blog about a week ago and are hoping to gain some revenue for longer, weekender type trips when people click on the ads.... if you click on mine i'll click on yours! Love the blogs everyone has!!!!! keep caching and publishing stories!!! kristy from alnkristy (aka teamspongebob)

http://teamspongebob.blogspot.com

I just started a blog as well for our family. My thought is that we will have the memories of looking back on our experiences. I am still working on the layout, but I am slowly getting it together.

http://familycacheadventures.blogspot.com/

Jen (meandbrea)

I had fun looking at all the sites listed above. Here's mine.

TeamTrailWalker.com

Nice site! Wish I knew more about creating a website, but the best I can do is a blog. :)

Our internet provider gives us the option of creating our own FREE (gotta love that!) website. I know nothing about creating one, but they "say" it is easy. They haven't met me yet...I may give it a go sometime soon though, just to see.

A CMS (content management system) for a blog make a much better website than something coded from scratch. Granted that teamtrailwalker website is from 2005, but if you look at the source code of the site and know html/php/css you see that it's a very, VERY messy website that is coded so badly the only thing you can really do to fix it is to start all over. It works, sure, but the problem is that it works in the sense that duct tape, paper clips and bubble gunm works to repair electronics- it's fine until you have to do some maintanance (or change the content)- that is just a pain in the a**.

So to those of you who want to create a website, DO NOT go the teamtrailwalker way and use website creator programs and whatnot that spit out direct HTML. Sign up for Squarespace- that doesn't require any coding knowledge whatsoever and will spit out a website that isn't "made of duct tape"

Btw, those free sites provided byu ISPs are normally just some space on a server so you have to create the website yourself, or some half-assed online builder. In either way, that is NOT the way to go in any case.

Edited by Cptnodegard

I've resurrected my old AuntieWeasel site and I'm going to start logging some of my favorite caching memories there. I've been going through old photo folders and reading my old logs and reminiscing.

For now, though, it's only a portal to some caching merchandise I have for sale, so I've probably just totally violated the forum's ToS.

Heh heh heh.

I've resurrected my old AuntieWeasel site and I'm going to start logging some of my favorite caching memories there. I've been going through old photo folders and reading my old logs and reminiscing.

For now, though, it's only a portal to some caching merchandise I have for sale, so I've probably just totally violated the forum's ToS.

Heh heh heh.

I've added your site to my blog. We've all missed you around here, AuntieWeasel. :):D

I have my own site, but it don't have anything about Geocaching on it yet. I'm new to the sport, but I can tell you that I have big plans to add another page to it soon. I'll drop in a link to geocaching.com and see if any of my clients are interested in finding a cache or two along the way. Something free to add excitement to my adventure services that I have now.

My Webpage

Edited by KevinWinkler

I believe the link to mine is in my signature. I just started it last weekend as geocaching was cluttering up my personal/family blog, so I figured I should start a new one.

I would like to put a sidebar or such in with links to other geocaching blogs. In fact I may go do that right now.

I have just started a new geocaching blog (I am still relatively new to Geocaching so not many posts yet) but some followers would be appreciated! My Geocaching Blog

Nice blog! Nice pictures, well written. I followed. That's the first time I logged into my Blogspot account in quite some time, so you're actually the first Geocaching blog I'm following over there. One thing, be careful about showing caches in their hiding spots. Lots of Geocaching bloggers do this, even many very experienced ones. I see in the latest post you did that, but you don't name the cache. Not that big of a deal, in the grand scheme of things, but you really should avoid GC numbers and links to cache pages, with pictures of the cache in it's hiding spot.

I have just started a new geocaching blog (I am still relatively new to Geocaching so not many posts yet) but some followers would be appreciated! My Geocaching Blog

Nice blog! Nice pictures, well written. I followed. That's the first time I logged into my Blogspot account in quite some time, so you're actually the first Geocaching blog I'm following over there. One thing, be careful about showing caches in their hiding spots. Lots of Geocaching bloggers do this, even many very experienced ones. I see in the latest post you did that, but you don't name the cache. Not that big of a deal, in the grand scheme of things, but you really should avoid GC numbers and links to cache pages, with pictures of the cache in it's hiding spot.

Many thanks for popping by and following...very much appreciated! That is a very good point about showing the hiding spots. It has been in the back of my mind and I have tried to be as vague as possible but sometimes it is easy to get carried away! Blogging is so easy though with Geocaching. I run a business related blog and struggle to write stuff now but with Geocaching there seems to be a different story with each event that makes blogging about it so easy.

Thanks again for following :)

Mick