Need Assistance

the butterfly effect

hi everyone I am visiting texas from ohio and wanted to see good easy caches that dont envolve being in the middle of nowhere we have a 3 year old and have heard that it is to dangerous to be in the woods without protection i tryed to post this in the south site but not many visiters thought this would get more traffic! asking this cause last year we went caching here( hemphill texas) and they where not very easy and in the middle of nowhere like a 1 star is a 4 mile walk through stickers and anthills need something easier or maybe some one can contact us and help ;):)

forgot to tell you we are visiting outside of hemp hill texas

Edited by the butterfly effect
hi everyone I am visiting texas from ohio and wanted to see good easy caches that dont envolve being in the middle of nowhere we have a 3 year old and have heard that it is to dangerous to be in the woods without protection i tryed to post this in the south site but not many visiters thought this would get more traffic! asking this cause last year we went caching here( hemphill texas) and they where not very easy and in the middle of nowhere like a 1 star is a 4 mile walk through stickers and anthills need something easier or maybe some one can contact us and help ;):)

forgot to tell you we are visiting outside of hemp hill texas

Doing 1/1's and reading the logs left by other cachers is just about it other than eyeballing the location as you approach the area.

I went camping up in Hemphill last Spring. There weren't that many caches in the immediate vicinity, just a few with some really nice hiking. Looks like some more have sprung up around there, though. Like Team Cotati said, just look for the 1/1's and 2/2's. The concentration increases over towards Lufkin/Nacagdoches and down towards Beaumont. There are not any black bears left in East Texas, so I'm not sure what you'd need protection from...

I've never been there, but it looks like there are several right in Hemp Hill that are very close to streets, and not out in the middle of nowhere. They're in or near baseball fields, museums, and cemeteries. Try clicking on this link to a map of caches around Hemp Hill, then click "Identify", and then click on the centermost icon (right under the Rte 87 marker) to get links to the caches. Unfortunately all the centrally located ones are micros, so if you're looking for a bigger container, you'll have to go a few miles out.

We are in Beaumont which is a bit south of Hemphill,, im thinking around 75 miles or so. But if you want plenty of caches to choose from then you might want to think about planning a trip down this way. Heck, there are a couple of us who would be glad to show ya'll around if ya wanted. The zipcode is 77701 if you just want to do a quick cache search to see what's available. Have fun! ;)