Recurring Events As Waymarks

I really thought that this was great, because every year you could go to these waymarks and find all the Christmas displays around town in people's yards. Then you could drive around town from display to display just before Christmas.

But if people have to submit each Christmas dispaly each year, I think that they will get tired of it and stop submitting them every year.

I think that there should be a way to mark wether or not a Christmas display re-occures every year. We have ones in our town that are there every year, and you can count on them.

Thanks for all the work, Saxy! :o

New WAYMARK every year. That's my opinion!

This will keep people coming back and sharing. Besides... most displays have new elements every year, or you look different every year.

I don't know if you get to keep claiming visits but why not make it a new experience every year?

I also think people would go "Alright! A new Holiday Display!" and being able to collect them would be like a badge of honour/honor... "Got 2005, 2006"

But "Yeah, keep getting the same one every year"

That sounds like Christmas Cake to me ;)

Beside... I hate Fake Dating or Re-Dating stuff. That's my take on Geocaching, no reason to be different with Waymarking.

:) The Blue Quasar

My two cents

I think it should not be created again; but logged as a find, with new pics posted to the find, the only updating would be if a pic was on the waymark page. then you could replace the old pic with the new one, last years pic should be dated and it would remain in the gallery.

New WAYMARK every year. That's my opinion!

This will keep people coming back and sharing. Besides... most displays have new elements every year, or you look different every year.

I don't know if you get to keep claiming visits but why not make it a new experience every year?

creating a new mark every year would surely irk TPTB in the long run--eating server space 'like the plague'. wait until WM.com has as many 'players' as GC.com.

Compare Holiday Displays to McDs. For every McDs out there, there has to be more than one display. How many McDs are in the database--i think you can only see the last 200 created, unless it is on your favorites--it is, and has been for some time, at the top of the largest list. it is a new year in a few days. so archive all those marks, and create new ones. how much space is that?

i thought it was odd that the mark page asked when it was put out and taken up. well, if i just drove by it, i don't know when it was put up; and if i am driving by it, it is still up, how do i know when it will be taken down? am i to go knock on the door and ask?

there should be a 'factor' added below the dates displayed (radio button?) to say if it is out yearly or not.

what if 'the family' had a bad year and has not been able to put out the lights this year, but do the next?

other than not having some info on the mark page, i think that this is a perfect example of how the peer review will work. hopefully, next christmas, someone will see my marked display and visit it. they will take pics, and hopefully compare them to those already in the gallery to see if there is anything new/different. and also read the logs to see 'the history'.

there should also be an option as to wether it can be visited during daytime or it requires darkness--there is a display near my house that is so incredibly tacky at night, but during the day it is hard to tell what house it is, but the mark i made is tacky during the day.

yes, you can visit something as many times as you wnt, and you stats only show 1 visit. your log page and the waymark will have the additional logs.