Delorme Street Atlas Usa 2006 Handheld

The Source

I use SA 2004 handheld although with a PPC.

One of my big gripes was that there is no way to import the waypoints generated in GSAK to the maps. In order to import the waypoints you need either Street Atlas or DeLorme Topo. With the handheld module installed there will be a tab at the bottom of either of these map windows to export data to the handheld. With that you can transfer waypoints, routes and maps. The nice thing with the topo program is that you can transfer very small bits of the map around the caches to the HH and increase the resolution. I don't use my handheld to navigate to the caches anymore, the garmin has taken over those duties. The handheld still goes along with the cache pages generated in HTML from GSAK so if I need the hint or the garmin's helical antenna is not acting very nice I can switch to the patch antenna on my Compact Flash GPSr for the handheld.

There is the answer to your other question. Some handhelds use a Bluetooth GPSr or if you have a CF or SD slot you can buy a GPSr for them.

I did write DeLorme a nasty gram after I found out I needed to buy another package to use the program the way I wanted. I don't know if 2006 release rectified any of those problems or not.

Look for a tab on the PC part of the program marked DRAW. If they have added that it will import the .txt file that GSAK makes. Then you can export the points to your handheld.