2006 Usa Geocoin Design

CT Trampers

I just hope the artist doesn't leave his signature on the coin, like on some of the other ones out there. ;)

Why would having the artist's sig on the coin be a problem?

I think it would be cool if the artist left a sig or intials or something. I would not want it to take a ton of space or stick out... but a small well place signature would be cool... it only adds to the uniqueness of the coin

I just hope the artist doesn't leave his signature on the coin, like on some of the other ones out there. ;)

Why would having the artist's sig on the coin be a problem?

Because the way he signed other coins I have, is, in my opinion, a total eye sore. It wasn't incorporated into the image at all.

I now have a new reason to think StressMaster is totally awesome. First I got to see a lot of his wicked cache hides in Fl now he is rocking it out with the coin design.

So what is the time table for ordering?

For now all I'll say is sometime in January. I don't want to give specific dates in case some unforeseen delays crop up.

I now have a new reason to think StressMaster is totally awesome. First I got to see a lot of his wicked cache hides in Fl now he is rocking it out with the coin design.

So what is the time table for ordering?

Yes Stressmaster is awesom when it come to coins and very generous too.

I haven't had teh pleasure of finding any of his caches since I live in Missouri but he did created the design for the first Military/Veterans Geocoin we are working on (for a club project, please don't start emailing me wanting to know how to get one, they aren't even minted yet and when they are you will have the most luck finding someone to trade with).

Not only is he good at coin design he willingly offered to help me with design of the Outdoorfamily coin when I posted that I had ideas but not the software or talent to put it into something of a coin before sending preliminary art to the mint. He took my ideas and put them together and was very patient with my requests to try totally different ideas (probably emailed me about 15 different potentials between the front and back side). I now have approved art with Coins & Pins and through all this SM has not asked for any form of payment. For my thanks he will be getting couple of each metal of the Outdoorfamily coins without trading for them. [:rolleyes:]

Awesome design on the 2006 USA coin - and I like the 'all-metal' reasoning too.

I just noticed my USA coin icon has updated to a variation on the American Flag w/USA across it - it rocks! (Of course, being an English-born American, I was thrilled to see my UK coin's new icon as well!). Job well-done, Stressmaster...

Awesome design on the 2006 USA coin - and I like the 'all-metal' reasoning too.

I just noticed my USA coin icon has updated to a variation on the American Flag w/USA across it - it rocks! (Of course, being an English-born American, I was thrilled to see my UK coin's new icon as well!). Job well-done, Stressmaster...

I was wondering who would be the first to notice the new icon. ;)

Thank Stressmaster again for designing the icon.

Yep, I don't like it much either.

2 Things:

- Don't think it's necessary to put "USA" on the icon, I mean, any cacher who doesn't recognise the USA flag must have been living with his head under a rock!

- The icon is a bit uninspired; I prefer the circular stylised flag that I saw on one of the posts, it was lovely and really did the coin justice.

But then I'm from the UK, so I bet no-one cares what I think! :lol:

Bambi.