How Do You Carry Your Gps When Caching?

TheBrewhaha

I just hold mine....

tricorder style.

I used to use a lanyard, but I dunno what happened to it. No idea why I stopped using it. Maybe because it would look dumb using a "phone" hung around my neck trying to find an urban micro that required a lot of stealth.

I have a nice JanSport pack with belt loop. It has a velcro flap covered exterior pocket, great for extra batteries and Pen, and a zipper pocket for my Magellan Color. I hold the GPS in hand until I reach the spot, then holster it in the belt pack and zip it closed. it works really well. I picked it up at REI.

I usually just carry it, and when I need both hands it tucks in the back pocket of my jeans and still holds signal. Otherwise, I've found that those bucketboss cellphone holders you can buy at Menards will fit an etrex perfectly, and the clip on those things is NOT coming off (just try putting it ON once, you'll understand what I mean). Black cordura pouch with a flip-over velcro closure top completely encases the gps for the walks on the real wild side.