Jeep Travel Bug?

Lisatx&Waterman

Ok my qyestion is this... Is there a way of getting a jeep to put back on the TB tag to keep it traveling?

What happened was we found a cache that had been muggled and left for trash.. everything was gone except the log and the tag to the jeep TB... I log the tag tha i have ti but there is no jeep attached to it... what should we do... we are new to the game and loving it I must say and would love to see the jeep continue on but shouldnt there be a jeep attached to the tag?

What are your ideas or opinions?

Thats too bad that people have to steal the WJTB's at least they left the tag.

You can buy the jeeps at Wal-Mart for about $4 or maybe less. Or you could just print out a picture of a White Jeep, laminate it and attach the tag. Maybe even put a note explaining what happened to the real jeep. Someone else may have a better idea...

Out of interest, how did the White Jeeps get their names ? They seem to be as anodyne as Intel's product codenames.

I just learned my word of the day.

They came from a babynames database so we could have a unique name for every single White Jeep Travel Bug. We ended up using the majority of English names (as in British) so many of them are hardly ever used in the US.

We ended up using the majority of English names (as in British) so many of them are hardly ever used in the US.

At first most of the names looked like some random collection of barely prounounceable syllables, like "Hwitcumb" and "Banaing". Then I got used to them, and every once in a while I'd see one like "Bruce" or "Don" and think, "oh, that's a weird one!"

They came from a babynames database so we could have a unique name for every single White Jeep Travel Bug. We ended up using the majority of English names (as in British) so many of them are hardly ever used in the US.

Let me assure you, most of them are hardly used in the UK either. Unless the kid has cruel - or misinformed - parents. :o

Let me assure you, most of them are hardly used in the UK either. Unless the kid has cruel - or misinformed - parents. :o

try "Edmunda" on for size.

my own name is out there, in various spellings.

You've got a typo, works fine here:

http://jeep.geocaching.com/

You are correct that within the message I misquoted the url. however the server was down for a period of time. no one could get in even when using the links supplied by Groundspeak on the index page.

for the record its not because I mis-spelled the url in a message on this board that I was unable to gain access to the rules. it was because the jeep servers were down for an extended period of time around the time of the final drawing. and only recently were repaired.

Thanks for bringing to my attention my mispelling. the URL mispelled would cause the same problem.