If You Could Afford Anything.....

2oldkids

Trimble

It may be a big unit, but what it does is amazing.

trmblgps7gw.jpg

It runs windows, has wireless internet, and is subfoot accurate. Of course I'd get anything else it needed.

On a more down to earth level, money no object, I'd get several GPS's for different things. A new Lowrance color unit for caching, an I-way for driving, and an AirMap 2000c or Garmin 396 for flying.

Magellan Gold, 512mb SD card, Mapsend Direct Route North America, MS-Mappoint, Palm m500, GSAK, A/C and ciggy adapter, serial to USB converter, 3 dozen 2500maH rechargable AA batteries, a Thinkpad T42p laptop, satellite up/down link strapped to the roof of the trusty Buick Cache-mobile and eight Sears Diehard batteries in the trunk.

Better make that TWO Magellan Golds, one for sure will croak at the most inopportune time.

Edited by Team Cotati

Garmin 60CSx with all the software (topo, streets, etc), Delorme XMap Professional with all the datasets i want (I really like mapping!), Hot new PDA to have paperless maps in hand. Enough non-working hours to figure it all out & use it. I'll still keep my trusty Meridian handy for when the 60CSx needs newer firmware, etc.

A Gecko for my wife so she will stop breaking the old Etrex Venture, and I can stop fixing it (used almost only for "miles walked").