Gsak Forum Link

Shifty

I very much doubt that many people get here via the Help menu link, though I betcha Clyde could provide numbers to prove or disprove. My guess is that you and all the other forum moderators are going to be spending a whole lot of time pasting support.gsak.com into threads.

If the whole point of creating a separate GSAK support forum is to reduce the constant questions and monster threads in the Units & Software forum, then it seems perfectly logical to put a prominent link somewhere in there. I (obviously) love the program, and so am perhaps not the most impartial commenter, but c'mon.

Perhaps a pinned thread on the GPS Units and Software that would have links to offsite forums and websites that support other products as well as GSAK. (Maybe that would get Garmin and Magellan to each have their own forums where they could answer question on their units). I suspect that people will continue to ask GSAK questions on geocaching.com and Clyde will continue to monitor these forums, but with a pinned thread with the link to his GSAK forum, Clyde or anyone else could point to that to move discussion offsite.

Hey, no skin off my nose. It just seems logical. On an average day, there's probably 50 links to GSAK already. I can understand not wanting to promote anything commercial or appear biased towards one thing over another, but let's be realistic. Wouldn't a single "official" link or pinned topic (not just for GSAK but for whichever products/services/hardware get asked about) be less work for moderators and more informative and helpful?

Alternately, I've been posting enough lately to probably provide that informative and helpful link all by myself. B)

Hey, no skin off my nose. It just seems logical. On an average day, there's probably 50 links to GSAK already. I can understand not wanting to promote anything commercial or appear biased towards one thing over another, but let's be realistic. Wouldn't a single "official" link or pinned topic (not just for GSAK but for whichever products/services/hardware get asked about) be less work for moderators and more informative and helpful?

Alternately, I've been posting enough lately to probably provide that informative and helpful link all by myself. B)

Yes, we know