Geo-christmas

The Blue Quasar

Anyone wanna tip their hand and reveal any neat Geocaching goodies they got?

Logger got me a Battery-Free Flashlight (crank for 1 minute gives 30 minutes of LED light.... very cool), and a pair of Binoculars (I plan on setting up a cache that needs Binoculars to find it). And also a 4AA battery charger for the car. No more excuses eh?

Tae Kwon Dude got me a "insta-cache"... everything I need to put out another cache. Hope to put that out before New Year's Eve.

So I think I'll tie them all together into a cache idea, along with something I got from Buttons and Beaux over a year ago....

What did you get related to Geocaching?

:P The Blue Quasar

From my wife: Base layer top and bottom, renewed Bruce Trail membership (Toronto Club) with a new secondary membership in the Peninsula Club - guess where she wants me to take her caching B) , a donation on my behalf to the Escarpment Legacy Campaign.

From my daughters: Smartwool hat, drinking bottle, picture frames for my geocaching photos.

From my parents: Lined trekking pants, LED flashlight.

Cheers to the supportive familes of geocachers! <_<

A GPSMAP60C.... wow!

That's awesome! Although I do have one already, that is quite a nice gift to get. I still remember the joy of caching with the new GPS (I made the same upgrade you are about to do.. Etrx Yellow to 60C), it was like discovering caching all over again.

I also say Gertridge Explorer's post... I forgot I wanted YAK-TRAX... hmmmm I guess I can get my own... probably the right thing anyway

B) The Blue Quasar

I ended up getting a fantastic deal on Boxing Day on a Palm Z22 pda.

89 bucks at Staples got me the Palm, Connector cable, power adapter, software and two neat flexi cases that I will surely ruin on the trails! :o

within an hour I had Cachemate installed and had caches loaded onto it with ease.

Look out world. Swifteroo has gone paperless!!!

Swifteroo

Central Ontario Geocachers

Edited by Swifteroo

I got me a BFL and a ton of batteries from my brother-in-law and long underwear that I could use in the arctic and still feel warm from my sister.

Santa also gave me a pulled calf muscle so I'll be sitting out on the sidelines for a while. ;)

Swifty - welcome to the Palm side! I have some games to get you even more addicted.

I got a 'space pen' and joy oh joy, 24 AA batteries, lets see, 12 x 30 hours in my 60C means over two weeks of non stop Geocaching or one hour a day all year!!!Also got $50.00 to get a new flashlight, now to pick one?????????? and a nice bottle of red wine to celebrate find 200 with. Oh yes, got 41 silver dollars to use as sig items or swag.

Got the better half a new Garmin Etrex Vista C. Did a series of caches (started with Micro cache in X tree!) until she found the GPS stashed outside in the RV.

She then had to hunt down the last cache using the GPS and "found" her new flashlight & other neat goodies.

She enjoyed the hunt. ;)

Jen along with Santa Clause in her never-ending pursuit to make my life happier and easier has supplied the ultimate geocaching Christmas.

An eXplorist 600 with Canada Topo MapSend.

Car charger and soft case for above.

A 3 pack Tupperware.

I have been out a few times already and all I can say is WOW.

Thanks Jen

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. See ya on the trails.

Anyone wanna tip their hand and reveal any neat Geocaching goodies they got?

Logger got me a Battery-Free Flashlight (crank for 1 minute gives 30 minutes of LED light.... very cool), and a pair of Binoculars (I plan on setting up a cache that needs Binoculars to find it). And also a 4AA battery charger for the car. No more excuses eh?

Tae Kwon Dude got me a "insta-cache"... everything I need to put out another cache. Hope to put that out before New Year's Eve.

So I think I'll tie them all together into a cache idea, along with something I got from Buttons and Beaux over a year ago....

What did you get related to Geocaching?

:blink: The Blue Quasar

I received a gift certificate from on of my bosses and I went out and purchased a Garmin eTrex Legend.

Now all I have to get is a car addaptor, recharger & battarys, and a bike mount for my scooter then I will be all set for a while. :unsure: I found my 1st three caches and it's been a blast.

I downloaded a couple freeware map programs that are quite interesting and work well with the eTrex (listed below)

#1) "EasyGPS" the best one so-far found at http://www.easygps.com/offers.asp?rc=J95R4

#2) "GPS TrackMaker" the second best one so-far found at

http://www.gpstm.net/index.php

They both licked up with the Legend with no problem and work on my windows98 CPU.

TheOnlyGuy

Lisa got me a BFL, I got her a BIG waterproof tote for our canoing caches. All three of us got more warm clothes for the winter caches. S'mores maker for the camping/caching weekends. <_< Deirdre wanted her own GPS, but we thought 7 was a little young! Maybe next year. We split 50-50 on a PDA. Woohoo - Deirdre's Explorers are finally upgrading and going paperless. Yup, Christmas was great!

That's an interesting idea.

I've thought about giving a Bruce Trail membership... but your idea is even better... Everyone can use a Premium Membership (you best make the cache worthy of it ;)

I think you would do better posting that question in the Groundspeak Web Site area.... or somewhere higher up the Forum pyramid.

:rolleyes: The Blue Quasar