Fictional Geocaching

Simply Paul

I'm just watching The Hound of the Baskervilles and it got me thinking, would I hide a cache on (the fictional) Grimpen Mire, if I could? Or would leaving a cache in the middle of a traitorous swamp be less than sportsmanlike?

Do you know a good spot for a micro in Narnia? Long for a 'Black Monolith/TMA1' reverse/locationless? (Too late now anyway!) Or dream of placing a box near 'The Scarecrow and Mrs King' pub in Llanddewi Brefi? (Daffyd's local in Little Britain, if you don't know the show) If you could, where would you want to set a cache - or go looking? Include any extra cunning details of the hide, like it's a nano stuffed up the nose of a Boar on the gates to Hogwarts, or whatever!

Simply (having a wonderful Christmas time) Paul

Little JJB is such a Simpsons fan that I would love to hide one somewhere in Springfield! It'd have to be bigger than a micro though, to make him even happier still! :o

Or how about somewhere in King Solomon's Mines?

As i type there is a lovely glowing sunset out my window - Happy Christmas everyone! Any thank you for a great new pastime.

VB

Each time I watch LOST all I think about is "all those great places for a cache" I know there are links with caching - we've all seen that ad for Lost with the TB's in, but I'd still like to put one there.... OR

I'm such a big Kid....

In the Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton!!

:)

QUOTE (t.a.folk @ Dec 24 2005, 07:53 PM)

Under the bridge where"Christopher Robin could just get his chin on the top rail,if he wanted to"

and "Pooh could just get his chin on the bottom rail ,if he wanted to"

I think that's virtually been done already  Virtually Pooh

O.K.

Just to be piggy

I'll put one in the Pooh Trap for Heffalumps :) .

Edited by t.a.folk

1019.jpg

Now I have had the Idea of putting a multi leading down into here! Not sure if the reviewers would like, and I think it would require more stars than 5 for Terrain and difficulty. the drop is about 340ft

The place is Gaping Gill is the biggest chamber in the UK. It's the size of York Minster, 426ft long, 82ft wide and 103ft high.

Now TDW don't encourage me for it to be part of the coming MooteAbuse series!

1024.jpg

Edit Added second image

Edited by Moote

If any of you go to New Zealand there is a "must do" one day walk across the Central Plateau, which is where the volcanoes are in the middle of the north island (Mount Ruapehu was the mountain - name excapes me - in Lord of the Rings).

The walk is called the Tongariro Crossing - we did it nearly 6 years ago and it is unbelievable scenery and experience

see:

http://www.icdc.com/~neubauer/tong.htm

anyway - I'd love love love to put a series of caches across there, although I'm sure that it would not be allowed by the National Parks people or Maoris, as it is sacred land

If any of you go to New Zealand there is a "must do" one day walk across the Central Plateau, which is where the volcanoes are in the middle of the north island (Mount Ruapehu was the mountain - name excapes me - in Lord of the Rings).

The walk is called the Tongariro Crossing - we did it nearly 6 years ago and it is unbelievable scenery and experience

see:

http://www.icdc.com/~neubauer/tong.htm

anyway - I'd love love love to put a series of caches across there, although I'm sure that it would not be allowed by the National Parks people or Maoris, as it is sacred land

Going there in March - visiting my folks. I'll add this to the list of things that would be good to do while the kids stay at home with my mum and dad.

Further up the thread - the Ice world of Hoth is near Voss in Norway - my dad was on secondment to the army teaching them arctic survival and him and his 'class' make up some of the Storm troopers in the main battle sequence.

Cheers

Not exactly fictional , more mythical would be my choice!

Valhalla failing that BILSKIRNIR the home of Thor (my Namesake) and the reason for my Caching name! :rolleyes:

and if I can't get accross the Bifrost Bridge then anywhere in Middle Earth would be nice...Rivendell or The Shire would be top spots.

BILSKIRNIR