Am I Mean?

will2003

Well, I had this idea, My brother has wanted for an Ammo can for awhile now, so I thought, I'll make him work for it

So, I put the GPS and a fake cache page i made up with a hint on it and wrapped it up and put it under the tree. Haha

well, you have to decypt the Hint on the Sheet, It reads to a Tree with another clue taped to the bottom of a leaf and the next one..., well I put a film cannister in a tree outside he likes to Climb, I'd say terrain 3.5 Mabye? :D

So This is turning out to be a Multi eh? I did put the multi symbol on the cache page ;)

Okay back to the story, in the Film cannsiter i have coords to the ammo box thats hidden in the yard somewhere..

So is this a bad idea, hehe (My mom knows about it and i think she is gonna use it on me soon :D

I love it!! If you don't mind, I'm gonna do that to my husband for his new GPS on Christmas morning. I have an ammo can in the back seat of my truck just waiting. And we have 11 acres to hide on! Hmm...I wonder if he'd notice a film canister taped to his horse?

The horse will be moving around :o and that would make it a moving cache. B) Moving caches are not allowed. B)B) Still, the idea is good.

Not mean at all! Who says Christmas can't be fun?? :o

Our kids keep beggin to open "just ooooooone" present on Christmas Eve. Sure they can open just ooooone present...little do they know those presents are hidden out in the woods. You want one early? Well then, work for it! B)

I even thought about taking it a little further. I thought about waking them with flashlights in their faces and issuing their military-type orders. "Your mission is to find one of two presents hidden in the woods. Your supplies (a gps and a flashlight) are in this bag. If you fail to retrieve the package, there WILL BE NO CHRISTMAS!" You get the drift. In the end we decided that although our 13 year old boy would think it was a blast, the 9 year old girl may be a little to delicate to find the humor.

Hubby thinks he's in on this little prank, little does he know his new caching head-lamp is also waiting in the woods. B) (added note:our daughter was shopping with friends when she found the headlamp, it's very hard to explain to others why exactly her daddy would love a big old light straped to his noggin. just another strange look i've received that has been generated by caching)

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good cache!

My wifie has promissed me something 'special' for xmas morning and if my suspicions and the recent arrival of a package from Victoria's Secret are any indication, I can pretty well guarantee you that it will out 'perform' any geochaching activity that I might desire...........on xmas morning. ;-) B):oB):PB)B)B) I don't know if this is relevant but she told me that we are having turkey for xmas dinner and she wanted me to help with 'stuffing the bird'. Don't bother me, I'm busy 'geocaching!! Beautiful. :P

I did the same thing to my brother-in-law a couple of years ago. Always fun.

Man, I really hope that's not a reply to the post directly above it.....

We like multicaches, so for my daughter's birthday in spring 2003, all her presents were hidden in the woods around our townhouse complex. Each cache contained a present as well as the coordinates to the next one. Fortunately I had just received a large shipment of ammo cans, so there were plenty of containers to properly gift-wrap all the presents. :o

Good luck with that, Team Cotati, but as you might surmise from his post you're addressing that sexual innuendo to a 16 y.o. boy - not appropriate!

As to the topic - go for it Will - he'll love it! Can't wait to read y'all logs on AlaTemp!

Ed

Get over your self, will you? B)B)B):oB)

Back at ya. From a moderator's perspective, The Alabama Rambler's post was right on target. You may want to take a break from this particular thread.

Well, I had this idea, My brother has wanted for an Ammo can for awhile now, so I thought, I'll make him work for it...

So, I put the GPS and a fake cache page i made up with a hint on it and wrapped it up and put it under the tree...

well, you have to decypt the Hint on the Sheet, It reads to a Tree with another clue taped to the bottom of a leaf and the next one..., well I put a film cannister in a tree outside he likes to Climb, I'd say terrain 3.5 Mabye?...in the Film cannsiter I have coords to the ammo box thats hidden in the yard somewhere...

Personally, I think you need a few more coordinates...make this thing take about 1/2 hour to find...6 legs to the find at least...

So, NO, you're not mean...sadistic and evil maybe, but it's all in good fun! :o

Long before GPS was even thought of, my Mom used to do this to....ummm I mean for.... us. We would unwrap a gift Christmas morning, and find a clue. If we solved the riddle we would go to the next spot.....she was vicious! It was always the best present, and she would not relent if we could not figure it out. Took me friggin' two days to find a gift once. LMAO.....I loved it!

Long before GPS was even thought of, my Mom used to do this to....ummm I mean for.... us.  We would unwrap a gift Christmas morning, and find a clue.  If we solved the riddle we would go to the next spot.....she was vicious!  It was always the best present, and she would not relent if we could not figure it out.  Took me friggin' two days to find a gift once.  LMAO.....I loved it!

HEHE, my mom(or the Easter Bunny) used to do this w/ the easter eggs. There would be a note on our bedroom door w/ the first clue. Then each plastic egg would have a clue to the next egg. At the end we would find the baskets.

Long before GPS was even thought of, my Mom used to do this to....ummm I mean for.... us. We would unwrap a gift Christmas morning, and find a clue. If we solved the riddle we would go to the next spot.....she was vicious! It was always the best present, and she would not relent if we could not figure it out. Took me friggin' two days to find a gift once. LMAO.....I loved it!

And since that has scarred you for life...you have become addicted to Geocaching, right? :P

There are lots of other really mean (but given with plenty of love!) things parents have warped their kids with...So when we become parents, we also pass on the tradition! :D

<-----my dad was great with firearms, black powder and such. :P So of course I LOVE fireworks, bonfires and target practice. I went to one of those Fireworks warehouses in Pahrump NV, walked in, and took a really deep breath of that wonderful sulpher mixture...HOME!

Seriously, I think that clue-based fun increases your deductive reasoning, making you a more observant person, with the ability to see the end result before beginning...(Which my children have NOT been able to master yet, :P )

Ok, so yesterday morning the dog and I went out to hide the presents in the woods for the kids and hubby. Found 3 great spots. Saved the coords. Made a second loop to double check coords b/c I know it will be dark when these are found. Check the GPS, have decent accuracy. Dog and I sneak back in before anyone is out of bed to realize we were missing. Waalah, Mom has pulled it off!

Evening comes, it's time to surprise the kids. They are told that we have to go pick up presents from Grandma's house. The gifts are hidden on Grandma's property. On the way out Dad flips a coin and our daughter gets to be the first to find her present. "From under the tree?" she asks. (Parents giggle) "Uh-huh it's under a tree alright!" Take them out of the car, hand the flashlights and the GPS. Male child is extremely excited about his gift-cache, female child a little less excited, but manages to still see the good time to be had. We enter the woods. Female child is going in what Mom knows is the complete wrong direction. We check the GPS and something's not right. :P Anyone else ever seen their GPS skip (for lack of a better word. when your standing in one place then suddenly it moves several 100 feet?) So now I have 2 kids and the husband all waiting to find gifts, all three completely relying on me to remember exactly where they are hidden. Ummm, no one told me I had to remember where they were hidden, that's why I bought the flippin' GPS! I knew the general areas and approx whereabouts in relation to the trail entering the woods. Mind you, I hid some of their most expensive gifts out there. Found hubby's first. GPS got us in that general area and I was able to spot it very quickly. It was actually in the air on a very distinct tree formation. Still not good, still 2 kids without gifts. Mom begins to feel the panic coming on. An hour later we're down to 2 flashlights, a frozen husband, and a Mom who was doubting her memory :P when the last of the gifts were found! All in all we still had fun and will probably do it again next year. (in the daylight of course)

Most commonly used sentences in our home this Christmas:

Mr. G: And genius here couldn't remember where she hid the gifts!

Mrs. G: I did too remember, I just couldn't see where I remembered hiding them because IT WAS DARK!

Strange how geocaching changes so many aspects of your life. It's even improved Christmas...who woulda thunk?

Hope everyone had a great day!